Firefox on a laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox on a laptop

I'm using Firefox on my desktop and laptop now, and not looking back. I like how on my desktop, I can click the third mouse button (wheel) on a link and have it open in a new tab. My laptop, obviously, only has two buttons and an eraserhead. How can I bind, say, right-click to open a link in a new tab, and then set right-click to ctrl-right-click or something similar?

Rephrased, on a two-button system, how can I click once on a link (without additional keystrokes) to have it open in a new tab in Firefox?
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

What is the difference between Mozilla and Firefox?

I have them both installed and I seem to prefer Mozilla.
    Firefox appears to have some issues with certain vbulletin version 3 rendered sites.

Comment

Mozilla is a browsing suite. Firefox is a standalone "next generation" browser from the same people.

Comment

So it doesn't hurt having them both installed, for not only just site debugging
        (sorry for going off-topic)

Comment

Install the Tabbrowser Extensions extension and you can bind it house you want.

I have it so every external link opens in a new tab with a simple left-click.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Install the Tabbrowser Extensions extension and you can bind it house you want.

I have it so every external link opens in a new tab with a simple left-click.
            I have that extension installed, too, didn't know it could do this. I already have it set to open external links in tabs, not windows.

Looking through the thousands of options now...

edit: and I don't see any binding buttons for opening a link in the viewport in a new tab.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
              I have that extension installed, too, didn't know it could do this. I already have it set to open external links in tabs, not windows.

Looking through the thousands of options now...
              It is under Advanced Use -> Open in new tab always. Check the box that refers to "Link to external site".
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

There seems to be a misunderstanding; I already have that option set. What I want to do is explicitly open some links in new windows when I want to. The links can have any target (or none). Essentially I want to move the action for the middle mouse button to another button

Comment

Working...
                X