This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google hates free speech.

So does anyone have a list of banned words that i can add to my forum, so google will allow me to serve adsense ads?

if you could attach as a .txt or if the powrs that be (admins) don't like that can you send me it over AIM? (s/n: Elbow on Shelf)

Cheers.

If they won't disclose adsense banners on pages with certain words, they should provide a list for you. Try contacting them

Comment

I have, First they said about the langauge on the actualy site, so i removed it, then about langauge in forums, so i e-mailed them back about free speach etc, but they still won't budge.

So my latest e-mail i stated i've banned some words, but without a list it's impossibly to ban all words they deam innapropriate.

Comment

You have much more to do then just adding a profanity filter. Some common sense professionalism will go a long way. There is no set strict of x must be so, y must be not so. After seeing some pictures on your page (christmas anyone?) I would honestly be surprised if you could find one advertiser interested in placing ads there.
        To give another particular point please check the policies for adsense:
        "Personal Pages In general, we do not accept personal pages or chat sites into the AdSense program. However, if a site contains targeted, text-based content and/or provides a product or service, we may consider it for participation. Ads shall not be placed on personal pages or chat sites without Google�s prior written consent."

P.S. There is no free speech about it. Jelsoft can as easily say you can't use vowels on those forums if you choose to participate. Their complete right.

Comment

this is NOT a personal site. i consider a personal site something similar to 90% of geocities pages. i am(or will be) providing webnews etc.

And the christmas picture - think to yourself, if this man was muscly and good looking would you still debate this? crude content was blurred, so i see no problem with that.

And rather than critisize my site, could you please either reply to my original question, or don't reply. they stated the langauge was the only thing wrong with it.

Comment

To give some more points of what I would have an issue with if I were to think about advertising on your site. Don't take anything personally, and do realize I can be rather harsh.

Front page:
            1. no content
            2. broken images
            3. home page is nothing but some forum posts
            4. most of those posts contain some crap in them (including but not limited to: lack of spelling, grammar, professionalism, crap pictures, out of place flash with profanity, pictures of a half naked men - see above remark)
            5. no purpose - seems like a big pile of garbage hauled from all corners of the net and placed in a big dump
            6. design (anything from the hover link color to real estate)
            7. name
            8. incomplete pages (eg. "other people's links here")
            Forums:
            1. Style/naming
            2. Descriptions
            3. out of place graphics
            4. wrongly formatted copyright
            5. spam forum
            6. me seeing some admin forum
            7. entire text feels like a personal site
            8. lack of any clear content - just chit chat.
            Apologies if I sound harsh, not intended, but in its current state there is absolutely nothing by which this wouldn't fall into my typical geocities page category, or chit-chat/personal pages.

As far as I see it's just easier for a customer service rep to name just one semi-obvious reason to decline then to list them all. Judge yourself.

Comment

You know, you're right.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and your post made me make my mind up.

I'm going to close the site and leave a phpBB up or something for the people i know irl to organise events (which is all we really use the forum for anyway)

I only have 3 months left on my license anyway.

Comment

You shouldn't run a message board at all in my opinion.

1) You don't seem mature enough.: http://www.squirrelspit.com/user/showthread.php?t=1088

2) It looks like you don't know how to backup: http://www.squirrelspit.com/user/ann...nouncementid=3

How you even have "Threaths: 708, spam: 11,285, twunts: 103" is beyond me. Looks like you have 1/5th of the total posts.

By the way, google doesn't hate free speech. They don't want to see their product on such a horrible website. They would be paying you for your members clicks. I personally wouldn't want one of your members at my forums. Alone my website to buy my product or service.
                Last edited by IDN; Tue 2 Mar '04, 6:42pm.
                Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by nebby
                  I have, First they said about the langauge on the actualy site, so i removed it, then about langauge in forums, so i e-mailed them back about free speach etc, but they still won't budge.

So my latest e-mail i stated i've banned some words, but without a list it's impossibly to ban all words they deam innapropriate.
                  Free speech? That is a laugh. All message boards are dictatorships as they are property of their respective owners.

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
                    You shouldn't run a message board at all in my opinion.

1) You don't seem mature enough.:
                    2) It looks like you don't know how to backup
                    Jeeze, give the guy a break...
                    Webmaster / Administrator
                    www.MegaGames.com
                    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by nebby
                      You know, you're right.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and your post made me make my mind up.

I'm going to close the site and leave a phpBB up or something for the people i know irl to organise events (which is all we really use the forum for anyway)

I only have 3 months left on my license anyway.
                      Don't ask for an opinion and give up becuase it's not what you wanted to hear. So you have a hobby board now, tune it to be more professional if you want professional results. If not, leave it as is and enjoy it for what you've created. Google is not the only game in town.
                      Computer Help Forum
                      An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

You know, just for that, i might keep it open.

#1: i don't seem mature enough? because i told my members i might be closing down? WOAH YEAH, I'M IMMATURE FOR GETTING MY MEMBERS INPUT!

#2: everyone makes mistakes, i didn't expect it to do what it did.

Comment

Oh, and for your information, google has now accepted my site.

Comment

No, the way you treat your members is not in a mture manner.

Thanks ian, but you don't count
                            both.

And your ass isn't tight btw.
                            Also seeing how you make fun of disabled senior citizens, that is another cause.
                            Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

This thread has degenerated beyond redemption. Nice job people.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X