No announcement yet.

Copyrights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't going to be the one who mentioned it, but yes, it is for vBMS.

I don't care as much about the website (which I am completely redoing in a CSS tableless design) as the product itself, and I doubt GD's copyright protection would cover that.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Andrew-ningc basically just made a great what-NOT-to-do post. I never understood why people who don't know what they're talking about reply to things like this.

Never send it to yourself, and never rely on the "it's already copyrighted" method of thinking.

Because even though it is, the only time it is going to matter is when you have to enforce it. And if you have to enforce it through any legal system, you are eventually going to have to register it with the LOC anyway. You might as well just take care of that from the start.

You do not want to have to wait months for a registration to go through when you want to drag someone into court immediately when you could have taken care of it in advance for relatively little money.

Comment

Aren't people here getting confused between copyright and licence issues?
        http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

Hire an attorney, there's nothing casual about your questions and concerns.
          Computer Help Forum
          An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X