No announcement yet.

cPublisher, is this still in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cPublisher, is this still in the works?

Now that we're on the dawn of vBulletin 3.0 being released as Gold has ANYONE heard anything from TECK in regards to the status of cPublisher?

Right now I'm running vB 2.3.0 and the only thing stopping me from upgrading to vB3 RC4 or even gold when it comes out is because vBhome lite doesn't work with vb3. I really like TECK's work and vbHome lite and so do my users, however I don't plan on staying with vB2 forever. I've read a few threads where some members are calling it vaporware, something that doesn't exist.

Months ago TECK showed an image of what looked like the start of an install script but nothing more, claiming it was so no one would copy him or something like that. Anyways, I'd really like to know if cPublisher is still being developed or if I should start looking else where?!

-Michael
    Debt-Made-Easy.com: Get out and stay out of debt.

I haven't seen anything from him for a long time. I remember using his product when I still had vB2 and I was really happy with it. I've been talking with somebody that helped out with the project and he hasn't heard from him in 2 months.

So he's AWOL... no idea. :/

Comment

I have not seen TECK in some time, if you are looking for vBhome alternitives there are 2 that I know of posted at vBulletin.org for vB3. There is still a huge demand for portal scripts and alot of people are still making them.

Comment

The scripts I've seen on vB.org are all portals - all they do is what vBhome lite does, pull threads off of the forum and display them on "front page" and I'm looking for something more then just re-posting forum info on the front page.

cPublisher was supposed to be a stand alone item which also does article management (what I'm really looking for), and other features such as a gallery for one - which I was hoping would import Photopost galleries. However the main thing I'm looking for was the article management, but by sounds of it no ones heard of him for a while and I better start looking else where.

-Michael

Comment

TECK has indeed vanished. Besides, creating a program the size of what cPublisher was to be, was probably too much for one person anyway...

Comment

TECK is still around I can assure you
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
              TECK is still around I can assure you
              Ok to come in and make a post like that means nothing, assure me what? He's still around? Production is still going on cPublisher? How about going in a little more detail then that?

-Michael

Comment

Originally posted by WoodiE
                Ok to come in and make a post like that means nothing, assure me what? He's still around? Production is still going on cPublisher? How about going in a little more detail then that?

-Michael
                Wow, way to jump on Dean for no reason.
                Maybe you should email TECK himself (and wait for a reply) instead of getting upset at people who are trying to help on this forum.
                Webmaster / Administrator
                www.MegaGames.com
                www.MGForums.com

Comment

I've seen him posting @ vBulletin.org so yes he's still around. Regarding the production of cPublisher I have no idea sorry

Comment

I think the latest what I heard is: When vb3 goes gold, it will be released too, not sooner.

Comment

Vile,

I'm not jumping on anyone - nor did I want to come off that way. I just thought his post before didn't really help the purpose of this thread. Which is to find out if TECK is still working on cPublisher or not. Dean C if you took offense then I'm sorry, I'm not trying to attack you in anyway.

As far as contacting TECK I have tried PM'ing him and have got nothing in return, emailing him - well to that account? He pulled down his site many many months ago now, so the only communication I know of is through the boards to which I haven't seen any updates other then people calling it vaporware.

Floris - I've heard that too, then I've heard it wouldn't be out until at least 6months after gold, and then again as I've already said I've heard it's over so I'm not sure what to believe. Just hoping someone that knows him or better yet TECK himself let us know whats the status of the product.

Comment

Might want to look into VirtuaNews
                        It integrates with vb2 and 3 and works well.
                        Last edited by AWS; Tue 24 Feb '04, 1:12pm.
                        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

*cough*typing error in url*cough*

Comment

No problem woodie No offense was taken.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/searc...earchid=223502

Search: Posts Made By: TECKForum: General Modification Discussion Yesterday, 01:19
                              Originally Posted by Zachery
                              John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
                              We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X