Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a PayPal ATM/Debit Card???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can choose to receive monthly statements, but it is always displayed in your main PayPal account as well (shows up as "Debit Card Purchase" and "Debit Card Credit").
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
      Except WalMart, who no longer takes MasterCard-branded check/debit cards as a MasterCard. They force you to conduct it as an ATM transaction (meaning you have to input your PIN). Just one of the many reasons not to shop at WalMart.
      Yeah I've heard about that, but as of a couple of days ago, can still run mine as a mastercard at my local one. Wonder if it's a store to store thing??

Comment

I may be wrong, but I believe that Paypal will not give you a Paypal ATM / Debit card unless you already have added a credit card to your account. I don't think you can get one if you only have a bank account listed.

Comment

Oh if only they offered it to UK customers!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB
            Oh if only they offered it to UK customers!
            You need a Bank Account listed to get the ATM Debit card and a Credit Card to be verified Paypal user...so you need both for it to work, else it won't be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
              Except WalMart, who no longer takes MasterCard-branded check/debit cards as a MasterCard. They force you to conduct it as an ATM transaction (meaning you have to input your PIN). Just one of the many reasons not to shop at WalMart.
              I believe they recanted on that since it lost them money. Doesn't bother me though. I always use debit cards with a PIN instead of as credit cards if I can. Means I don't have to pull out my ID.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

You don't establish any more credit, though.
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                  You don't establish any more credit, though.
                  So... You don't establish credit using a debit card as if it were a normal credit card either. This isn't really about establishing credit, it is about access to your money.

I have been establishing and using credit for the last 18 years, I am not worried about it anymore. If you are really worried about establishing credit, go buy a car under the first time buyer's program and get your parents to cosign. Make one extra payment every three months and you will have oodles of credit when you are done with the loan. Almost anyone qualifies for a first time buyer loan, whether you have credit or not. Heck, sometimes you don't even need a job.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X