No announcement yet.

Welcome Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say there are a lot more than 25,000 forums on the Internet. Probably closer to 25 Million. It is up to you to try and figure out how many run vBulletin though because I can't tell.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Well you guys would know ..

BUT I was basing the guess on the rating my little forum has on Alexa.. I am like the 500,000 site in alexa... My forum is pretty small and barely justifies the cost of licsensed forum software.....

Using site of my size as a benchmark for justification of the $$ I was trying to guage the size of the market.... I guess I was way off....

Quick google for "Powered by: vBulletin Version " has 2,400,000 hits....

Wow .. That CANT be the # of licensed copies ...Can it ? If so my number and justification way completely baseless...
      http://www.TALONClub.com/forum
      http://www.prowltalk.com
      http://www.nloc.net
      http://www.nhtoc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Silver_2000
        Quick google for "Powered by: vBulletin Version " has 2,400,000 hits....

Wow .. That CANT be the # of licensed copies ...Can it ? If so my number and justification way completely baseless...
        No, it is the number of pages in Google that have the phrase "Powered by: vBulletin Version" on them. I looked and there is no way to limit the search so that each unique site shows up only once as far as I can tell reading their help documentation.

And yes, we can look up the number of licenses but I still can't tell you.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          No, it is the number of pages in Google that have the phrase "Powered by: vBulletin Version" on them. I looked and there is no way to limit the search so that each unique site shows up only once as far as I can tell reading their help documentation.

And yes, we can look up the number of licenses but I still can't tell you.
          If the license is checked. Is there not some sort of "license server" validating these licenses? If so, can some sort of stats page be put together to provide a fairly accurate count?

just curious
          dart

Comment

Originally posted by dartmoore
            If the license is checked. Is there not some sort of "license server" validating these licenses? If so, can some sort of stats page be put together to provide a fairly accurate count?

just curious
            dart
            Don't forget that a large number of the vBulletin installs out there are illegal and have been 'cracked' to remove any kind of license checking call-back, so we don't have any solid figures on the number of illegal boards out there.

Except to say that it's a large number.

Comment

Originally posted by dartmoore

just curious
              dart
              To add to what Kier said, it is not our policy to disclose how many customers or licenses we have sold and since this is a private company, there isn't any obligation to do so.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X