Welcome Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you are back up so fast guys.

Wohoo I can login to my Admin CP again without the 5 min delay.

Comment

the new version vB3 has auto detect code up and running which checks to see if vB.com is alive and well. I backported this to vB2 can't remember what version.

Though there is a bug in PHP which causes it to ignore and sort of timeout specified and i've yet to find a solution for this.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Bennett
        Strange that vbulletin.com, vbulletin.org, and even jelsoft.com were all down...

Surely they're not all on one server? - most large websites have separate, multiple dedicated servers for redundency.

Anyways, my question is was vBulletin hacked and/or severe security flaws found that necessitated seemingly all of Jelsoft's websites to be off-line...?

Ron
        They are all on the same server, even mySQL is on the same machine as php.

Good to see you guys where on top of things, seems alot faster to

Comment

We discovered today that the delay in our admin cpanel's is browser based. If you use IE on a PC, the delay is very annoying...but if you use a different browser, there is no delay.

On a Mac with OSX: safari, firebird were immediate access to the admin cpanel while mozilla was the longest delay ....30 seconds or so...and IE was a delay but just a few seconds.

Hopefully vb's server won't go down again but if it does, try a different browser and see if that makes a difference.
          Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
            the new version vB3 has auto detect code up and running which checks to see if vB.com is alive and well. I backported this to vB2 can't remember what version.

Though there is a bug in PHP which causes it to ignore and sort of timeout specified and i've yet to find a solution for this.
            Hmm, that's interesting. I'm a recent customer running vBulletin 3 RC4 here and was getting roughly 60 second delays in opening the AdminCP panel during this outage.

It had me going for a while - thinking something was wrong on my end (slow server, or some corruption, or whatever), until I finally tried coming here to research the problem and found this site was down. I decided to open the AdminCP (index.php) and found it was linking to here, so I temporarily bypass the section that handles the 'home' routine, just to get it to load in a reasonable amount of time. I've put it back now, but it'd be great to figure out the bug and have it adjust automatically if there is any delay in getting to this site.
            We have come this far, always believing that justice will somehow prevail.

Comment

All I have to say is Thank God you're back. We missed you!

Comment

The only delay I got was the main column, I had to go to another section and no mo delay on the admin cp.

Glad to see you guys are back up.
                Gio Takahashi
                Owner of www.unitedempire.net
                The Website and The Forums

Comment

This is where having a cluster help a lot

We down web servers for work everyonce and awhile and no one knows it happens

Comment

I just hope DNS or whatever updates so I can ditch this slow proxy...

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
                      I just hope DNS or whatever updates so I can ditch this slow proxy...
                      There shouldn't be any DNS changes.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

glad to see ya back
                        Robert - Music is my caffeine!

Comment

OH MY GOD!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for coming back!!! I have been in pure hell the past 2 days. I have been trying to start a new site and haven't been able to download anything!!! Glad to see you're back!!!

Comment

So what kind of hard drives do you have running up now?

Comment

Kier, tnx for posting vBulletin.com and other official sites offline on vbnl site when the rest was down, it helped a lot of users with questions and it got the word out. (I updated the announcement to link to the one here again.

Yah! Back online again.

Comment

Hello,

This is very strange....I can't seem to access this site through www.vbulletin.com (DNS errors) however I remember that my IP range was affected during the DoS attacks and I was asked to access via www2.vbulletin.com and this works fine.

Any ideas why I can only access via www2?
                                -azher

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X