Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floris
    I turned 27 on January 21st

They run ./configure in 1976 and make install finished in 1977 took about 9 months!
    LOL i'm a few days older than you Although make install part only took 7 months for me to come to this world and another 7 months for me to be running around the household making my parents life hell
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
      Bah, bore them.

I only ran C64 bbs's, preferring Color64

Now whats scarry is remembering the time you accidently stumbled upon this really cool directory that had like a few thousand sites listed and you could actually find something rather than just type in randomness and hope to get lucky.

As one guy I was showing it to said, "stupid whoever is going to go to a place called yahoo anyway, dumb name."

Can we count the age we where when we got our first vB? I was like 27, that side of 30 was much nicer

Comment

How old am I?
        I remember when I was young I saw this guy walk on water.
        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by AWS
          How old am I?
          I remember when I was young I saw this guy walk on water.
          Ah, hell, I knew I recognized you from somewhere!

Comment

31 in a few weeks... feeling old..
            Look, just give me some inner peace or I’ll wipe the floor with ya!

MysteriousWisdom

Comment

Originally posted by god's toy
              31 in a few weeks... feeling old..
              Sheesh. I have calluses older than that!
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Got my first e-mail addy at 35, first site at 37, Vb at 38....42 now. Somedays I feel like 18 though!
                Have A Great 24...
                SoberRecovery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  Sheesh. I have calluses older than that!
                  That really doesn’t surprise me.
                  Look, just give me some inner peace or I’ll wipe the floor with ya!

MysteriousWisdom

Comment

I'm 15, turning 16 in November. Still sort of young for a vBulletin administrator
                    I started using vBulletin when I was 12. Now, most of you will try and mutalize me for this, but I used a pirated version of vBulletin at first. Didn't go over real well, mainly because I was in constant fear of being discovered
                    Not taking the risk, I migrated over to phpBB. Now, through all of this, I owned a rather dead General Discussion community. Finally, I decided to buy a vBulletin license mainly because I liked vBulletin. So far, I've tried a few things out, but they've all blown up. It's taken me 3 years to figure this out, but I have learned a lot about running a community.
                    Choose a topic you're passionate about, or that you're extremely interested in. If you can give it your all, members will most likely come. The problem with younger teenagers starting communities though is the lack of resources. None of us really have a lot of money (I remember saving for 4 months to buy vBulletin). We don't have expendable resources, nor do we have that much experience with things on the administration side.
                    Younger teenagers also tend to lack the professionalism it takes to run a community. Perhaps they know, and are passionate about a community, but they can't really execute on that.

Just my .02

Comment

Damn, more teenagers than I would have guessed. Good for you.

I still remember learning basic on my Commodore 64. Then I ended up in the IBM370 world. COBOL, assember 370 etc.

First forum site went online in February of 1999. It was UBB. Man did those guys blow an opportunity. Moved to zeroforum when UBB couldn't handle the load. Bought a few extra servers and moved to vB several years ago.

I'm 41 now. The IBM pc came out about when I graduated from high school. Starting to sound old here. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Roberts View Post
                        Damn, more teenagers than I would have guessed.
                        A lot of them are no longer teenagers since they are 2 years older now.
                        ...steven
                        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Roberts View Post

I'm 41 now. The IBM pc came out about when I graduated from high school. Starting to sound old here. :lol:
                          You are a young'n in my book.
                          Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Wow, kind of shocked at the under 18 number of admins..
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Computers were bigger than houses when I was 18.

Bob

Comment

I'm 30.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X