Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Search Not Powered By Google

Slashdot reported this...

Yahoo! in the last hours dumped Google and rolled out a brand new search engine mainly based on Inktomi search technology and Overture sponsored results. On Monday Yahoo! also launched its own crawler, called "Yahoo! Slurp", which replaced former "Inktomi Slurp".

Read more here:
    http://news.google.com/news?num=30&h...rtner%3dGOOGLE
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

What's interesting is many people started reporting more relevant search results on the new Yahoo! than on Google.
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Hrm, time will tell I guess.
      However Google also added 1 billion more sites or so into their index, IIRC.
      www.warboards.org

Comment

Yeah, Google now has about as many indexed sites as there are people on this Earth (6 billion). However, if you remove all the freaking blogs in there, it goes down to about 3 million. :P
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

I agree. Google is all "spamed out".

Even the "I'm feeling lucky" brings me very little luck these days.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X