How do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you think?

When you're thinking about something, how do you think about it? Do you think about things textually, as in do thoughts cross your mind in sentences? Or do you think about things mostly visually, as in just a stream of images going through your mind?

I was just wondering. I think textually. I asked a girl friend (note the space) of mine and she thinks visually with a stream of images. I've read that men think in a kind of linear fashion, while girls think in a more webbish form. So it'd be nice to get some answers particularly from Kathy and the other females.
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

I do both, depends on what problem I am trying to solve.

Comment

I'm with Bard.loo. It just depends on the problem. LOL.

Comment

I think in pictures...and my ideas are not necessarily linear....but more a spiral with images. I have an idea and the thought is a picture. It tends to then spiral towards other thoughts, matching ideas as I see how this new idea might fit into place with other known ideas/facts.

Kinda web like with the central place for my idea with connecting links to existing thoughts and ideas.

I think this means that a woman invented the internet and not Al Gore.

I am, though, a linear thinker in other ways.
        Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

I'm with you Celeron, I think textually.

Comment

I hear my own voice? LOL
            I suppose it'd be text with the odd flash of image, depending on the situation I'm thinking on?

Redesigning a room(s) it's images, thinking out a problem with the kids or other things it's text.

I do tend to start on one thought and end up on at least 5 other thoughts. I wouldn't say they are webbed though? since most of the time each thought is it's own line.

Comment

With Nightshade on this one, my inner voice plans this out, with visual aides. However, my thoughts are more like a tree in a sense. Starting from a point I branch outwards, testing ideas of ways to do things and each 'branch' ends when I realize it might not be feasable.

If my mind is let to just wander, I can associate seeing a nail to an experience I had when I was 7 and might have found one or was building something with my dad when I was 12.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
              http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy
                I think in pictures...and my ideas are not necessarily linear....but more a spiral with images. I have an idea and the thought is a picture. It tends to then spiral towards other thoughts, matching ideas as I see how this new idea might fit into place with other known ideas/facts.

Kinda web like with the central place for my idea with connecting links to existing thoughts and ideas.

I think this means that a woman invented the internet and not Al Gore.

I am, though, a linear thinker in other ways.
                Really, so women do think in webs. That's very interesting.. Psychology itself is very interesting. Are there any other women here?
                "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

I thinks its interesting too. Somewhere I've read reports about the differences in men's and women's brains. Seems that the differences explain why most women can multi-task more easily...and men tend to have a tough time. (Yes, there are exceptions to the facts)

Someone explained it that men's brains are like a filing cabinet and can really best access one drawer, one file at a time. Women have their filing cabinet drawers all open, many files open, the phone ringing and the door bell ringing and something in the oven for supper.
                  Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

I hear my voice

Comment

*raises hand ... I'm a women *G* already posted though!

Comment

Mostly visually, but that's probably because i can't think of words in my head.

A type of dyslexia i think, i can't think of a word, but if i write i down i can spell it perfectly.

Comment

Slowly, and not while i'm eating toast, that's just wrong.

Comment

I kinda 'talk' to myself too. I guess that kinda falls under the sentence category...

Comment

I usually have loads of images going through my mind...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X