Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welo
    replied
    Whole collection of reasonably priced corner desks here. A lot of them even already have the keyboard tray (I got mine separately).

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    Originally posted by welo
    I've seen them at Office Max. I hate the PC trays under the monitor.

I'm looking at the website your posted now.

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Ikea comes to mine, IDN.
    Been to Ikea and all I found were office desks with only a table top and no other features.

Leave a comment:

• welo
    replied
    Here's one that's kinda close.

Leave a comment:

• welo
    replied
    Originally posted by IDN
    Where did you get that desk and how much did it cost, Welo?
    Man ... [thinking] ... I bought it about a year ago on Ebay for like a hundred bucks brand new. I think the people running the ad were http://outletcomputerfurniture.com (although I just looked through there and don't see mine there anymore; was prolly a clearance item, is why I got it so cheap). It has served me well, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Ikea comes to mine, IDN.

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    Where did you get that desk and how much did it cost, Welo?

That is an awesome desk if it was longer on the right side and had a shelf on the left.

Leave a comment:

• welo
    replied
    Someone stopped by this weekend with a digital camera, so attached are pics of my new stand-up workstation. I should have got one of me standing at it to give a better sense of proportion, but the top of my big monitor is right at eye level (making it, what? 5'7" up?).

The next step is to stack another shelf over my computer shelf to hold my printer (which currently sits on a wicker cabinet behind me). Looks like I might need to raise that picture on the wall a few more inches now too .
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• welo
    replied
    A little old, yet the basic setup is still relevant. Since then I've:
    • Lost one monitor and keyboard in favor of a KVM switch.
    • Have a different shelf for my computers - one that holds the Tyan server I've been working on underneath. My current FC1 LAN box is about to become an SQL server once I switch to the Tyan for LAN (assuming I finally get RAID working with FC1 - grrr).
    • I no longer have a chair. A few weeks ago I built a riser system that raised my desk a foot, so I now stand while I work all the time now.

You all have me feeling a little guilty now about not having a specific computer spot for my cat. Usually when I'm working he'll either sleep on the loveseat or hang out at my feet betting I won't step on him (that only started happening since I lost the chair).

Leave a comment:

• rebelsrock06
    replied
    Originally posted by SilentBlade
    Whats a PDA?
    LOL LOL LOL, Personal Digita Assistance OR Public Display of Affection lol lol lol lol LMAO

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Shiney new desk Just got to sort out a chair and lighting now and I'm done !
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    I'm trying to control the geeky urge to go buy a PDA just so I can say i have one
    I got one of these instead. http://www.handspring.co.uk I think I posted some where here using it as well.

Leave a comment:

• XiXora
    replied
    but the great thing about being 16 is that you have parents to support you and you can still nag them for things...

at 16 i had a very good pc, top of the range. at 17 ( now ) i had a brand new £2000 tablet pc. ( toshiba m200 ). i bought my vB at age 14 or 15? ( owned license ). i'm pretty much bored of "children" saying they have no money.

oh btw, now you're 16 you can have a full time job. or even a part time one. mac donalds will happily employ you.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    I'm trying to control the geeky urge to go buy a PDA just so I can say i have one
    You see the problem with being 16 (almost, hehe 2 days ^_^) is... you don't have enough friggin' money to get all this cool stuff!

I have a crappy 5 year-old computer with Windows 98 and 12 gigs of hard disk space.

Great sound card though... ^_^

Leave a comment:

• John Stone
    replied
    Originally posted by tamarian
    Wow!! I've counted a couple of 1U, 2U, and 4U units in there

Do you host from home?
    Nah, but I work from home and need to be able to work on all kinds of different machines/operating systems for my job. I'm working on converting everything I own to rack-mount so I can put in some racks to save space (I'm quickly running out of room, as you can tell!)

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    My neighbor used to have a Palm, he upgraded didn't like the new palm (Sony Cliqe?) and decided to buy a iPaq witch is a pocket PC. I don't have any use for one, but the pocket PC is very nice. He just bought a GPS unit at RadioShack for $30.. Drool!

Can any file work on a PocketPC (Windows CE?) or do you need special software?

Leave a comment: