This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _| () R | Z
    1. they are still in alpha fase means that they arent even in beta or RC stage.

2.- yeah vb tested its board over a year before moving it to here. maybe ipb should have done the same, getting lots of:
    Well done! Alpha phase does mean that they are not in beta or RC. But if things move at the pace they usually do over there, it will not be long till they have an RC out.

Lots of errors? I haven't seen one for any of the features I use often. There are likely to be a couple of errors because it is an alpha board. But none the less, an alpha board that seems to be much closer to completion than VB3 was when it was in alpha. Anyway, how could the VB3 board have been tested over a year before when it was hardly started?

Comment

Originally posted by dopi
      Anyway, how could the VB3 board have been tested over a year before when it was hardly started?
      Take a look at this... http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51821
      This is the first announcement of the public beta from August 5, 2002. By my calculations, this would put it at 1 year 6 months and 13 days, which I do believe would qualify for "over a year". Basically we have been testing it for Jelsoft since then.

Comment

Originally posted by dynamite
        Take a look at this... http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51821
        This is the first announcement of the public beta from August 5, 2002. By my calculations, this would put it at 1 year 6 months and 13 days, which I do believe would qualify for "over a year". Basically we have been testing it for Jelsoft since then.
        Oh you are a smarty pants! But as this post indicates, VB3 started being used as the main board on the 11th June 2003. Need I say anymore? Anyway Im not here to nit pick.

IPB is developed faster, fact. The reason as far as I can see as to why it is being used as a main board already is because it is very stable. Also I'm sure most would agree that the more people using it, the better the test.

Comment

Before this devolves into actual attacks and since nothing constructive is getting done in this thread, I am going to close it.

Maybe one day, people will be able to talk about the merits of software without relegating the thread to mudslinging and a "he said/he said" contest.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X