This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iDavid

An FAQ and Manager - INCLUDED (I believe)
    Yes that feature is there

MAn reading this thread i cant understand why anyone WOULDNT LOVE VB
    Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

Originally posted by iDavid
      Shining Arcanine, if you'll indulge me...

Subscriptions - INCLUDED
      Similar Threads
      Scheduled Tasks - TO BE INCLUDED: 2.0
      A Scheduled Log - TO BE INCLUDED (if I know what you're talking about): 2.0
      Speration of User Titles and Ranks - INCLUDED
      Template conditionals - TO BE INCLUDED: 2.0
      Access Masks - INCLUDED
      An FAQ and Manager - INCLUDED (I believe)
      Anouncements, Global Anouncements and Announcement Manager - TO BE INCLUDED
      Super Administrators and Administrator Permissions - INCLUDED
      Custom User Profile Fields - TO BE INCLUDED
      User Reputations
      Custom BBCodes - TO BE INCLUDED
      Loads of Update Counters Options - What do you mean?
      Merge Users - NOT SURE
      Referrals

Not bad, eh?

Besides, IPB 2.0 could well be in a solid beta or RC (or even final) before vB3 is final. People will doubt that, but people have said vB3 would beat IPB 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 to market in the past, so I wouldn't be shocked.
      IPB is Alpha at the moment, correct? Does that not mean that the features that are to be included are not in any IPBs outside of IPS at the moment while the features in vBulletin are on tens if not hundreds of thousands of forums now? We can say that any feature under the sun will be in vBulletin one day but if it isn't there and is in the competition's software then there wouldn't be much to brag about like in the case of IPB 2.0.

Comment

I think it is okay to brag considering they are actual confirmed planned features. But thats not the point, those features listed are only the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Chroder
          I think it is okay to brag considering they are actual confirmed planned features. But thats not the point, those features listed are only the tip of the iceberg.
          As squall14716 mentioned while I was typing my post:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...10&postcount=1

I'd like to see you go through that list and say what is in IPB, will be IPB, and isn't/won't be in IPB.

Comment

I get the feeling that no matter what we say, the starter of this thread will still like IPB over vB because of personal preference. We are just blowing a bunch of hot air.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I think they're just stirring up arguments, I saw a thread exactly like this one at the IPB forums.

Comment

To me it seems like everyone is playing catch up with jelsoft, and have been doing so scence they hit the scence a few years back. Honestly, vBulletin will get 5 new things added to the source, then people will request them for the board softwares they use and about a month after jelsoft introduced it a free board has got it.

Most of the new things they introduced in ibp 2.0 have been in vB 3 for over a year now. At any rate im still looking at 2.0 for a second site I have planned, but until I have it on a test server I will not know if im going to use it for buy anthor vBulletin.

Comment

Should really only compare gold releases...

IPB 1.3 and vB 2.3.0 are about par i think with regards to features.

vB3 and IPB2 might be gold about same time.

Comment

Heh, that's a laugh. vB3 is at RC4, I doubt gold will be out any later than by the end of the month, of course I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
                      Heh, that's a laugh. vB3 is at RC4, I doubt gold will be out any later than by the end of the month, of course I could be wrong.
                      Many people said vB3 would beat IPB 1.1 to market...

Then 1.2... Then 1.3...

Comment

Another thing is, people seem to be attracted to vBulletins. I never got any members on my invision boards, but I get plenty on vbulletin ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
                          IPB is Alpha at the moment, correct? Does that not mean that the features that are to be included are not in any IPBs outside of IPS at the moment while the features in vBulletin are on tens if not hundreds of thousands of forums now? We can say that any feature under the sun will be in vBulletin one day but if it isn't there and is in the competition's software then there wouldn't be much to brag about like in the case of IPB 2.0.
                          The vast majority, if not all, of the features next to which I wrote "TO BE INCLUDED" are in IPB 2.0. All of them, reportedly, will be in the final version.

Comment

Several features in vBulletin 3.0.0 were pushed back to 3.1. If Jelsoft did it, IPS could too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
                              Several features in vBulletin 3.0.0 were pushed back to 3.1. If Jelsoft did it, IPS could too.
                              Except all the features mentioned "TO BE INCLUDED" are included in the alpha.

The development cycle at IPS is a whole lot faster than here. VB3 was under development for at least a year before it was used as the main board. IPB 2 is already being used. It would not surprise me at all if IPB 2 was released before VB3.

To me it seems like everyone is playing catch up with jelsoft, and have been doing so scence they hit the scence a few years back.
                              Don't think it will be long till jelsoft are playing catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by dopi
                                Except all the features mentioned "TO BE INCLUDED" are included in the alpha.

The development cycle at IPS is a whole lot faster than here. VB3 was under development for at least a year before it was used as the main board. IPB 2 is already being used. It would not surprise me at all if IPB 2 was released before VB3.
                                1. they are still in alpha fase means that they arent even in beta or RC stage.

2.- yeah vb tested its board over a year before moving it to here. maybe ipb should have done the same, getting lots of:

There appears to be an error with the Invision Power Services database.
                                You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here

Error Returned
                                Originally Posted by Zachery
                                John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
                                We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X