X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Cee-estee
    Why make a feature that only 367 people are going to use, when you could leave it as a mod and save other people's time turning it off? There's just no point to have a referral system if only so many people will use it.
    Actually we add features that are requested by millions of end users and tens of thousands of customers. If you don't want to use these features, you can turn them off once in the admin control panel. It doesn't waste time but gives you control over the usage.

As for the referral system, I would say it is in use in over 80% of all vBulletin forums.

Leave a comment:

• AaronGamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Chroder
    Not to mention those mods are unsupported so if you screw up your on your own Well, I guess that doesn't matter considering you have to pay for IPB support anyway...
    Thats not ture you get help from ibplanet.com and I you get a mod made by invision power media then it will be supported by them also

Leave a comment:

• Chroder
    replied
    Not to mention those mods are unsupported so if you screw up your on your own Well, I guess that doesn't matter considering you have to pay for IPB support anyway...

Leave a comment:

• MasterMac
    replied
    Why waste your time?
    Better that I spend the few minutes disabling a feature I don't need than spending a few hours trying to find a mod for something I do need (but don't have)

Leave a comment:

• Nemon
    replied
    IPB 2.0 has some really nice features, really nice.

However vB has alot of vvery usefully, professional features too... ATM both have advantages over each other imho.

I would like the permisions system in vB3 to be simplified, i just feel in IPB more confident of who can see what than in vB3.

Leave a comment:

• Bema Jinn
    replied
    i've used phpBB and IPB.

The thing that made me buy vB is when i downloaded a pirated version. i saw how great it was and felt an obligation to pay. that's just how good it was, i had a free vB in my face but i still felt i needed to pay for such great software.

Leave a comment:

• rebelsrock06
    replied
    ^ ^ has got a good point

If he's here to Disclaim VB in a IS VB better thread than just stick with what youve got. VB is good.. no its Great, but if you dont think so then why ask

Leave a comment:

• SilentBlade
    replied
    you have to hard code everything in IPB and you dont in vB.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    squall14716, thanks for saying everything I was going to say, you saved me a ton of typing.

Cee-estee, since you are here for the sole purpose of being a pain in the neck rather than hear why people say vBulletin is #1, I see no reason to reply to this thread as it is pointless.

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    Many of the “I see no point” features come in handy when you have a large community.

Leave a comment:

• Chroder
    replied
    My friend wanted me to come here to post a topic to try and convince me that vB is better. So here I am.
    And thats why there's a thread exactly like this at IPB forums with the words "vB" replaced with "IPB" and vise-versa.

Template conditionals - no idea what this means, and no one else would.
    Access Masks - ditto
    You won't like IPB for long then, IPB2 utilized both AFAIK.

And thats it for me. You seem to have made up your mind, no use in continue to argue with a person that has their mind set on something. Different software is better for different things, I think vB is ideal for larger boards where you need absolute control. IPB is good for the kids that can't afford vB or a community that doesn't need all the gadgets.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    Subscriptions - Yes is does
    Doesn't it also cost extra?