X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by Chroder
    I think it is okay to brag considering they are actual confirmed planned features. But thats not the point, those features listed are only the tip of the iceberg.
    As squall14716 mentioned while I was typing my post:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...10&postcount=1

I'd like to see you go through that list and say what is in IPB, will be IPB, and isn't/won't be in IPB.

Leave a comment:

• Chroder
    replied
    I think it is okay to brag considering they are actual confirmed planned features. But thats not the point, those features listed are only the tip of the iceberg.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by iDavid
    Shining Arcanine, if you'll indulge me...

Subscriptions - INCLUDED
    Similar Threads
    Scheduled Tasks - TO BE INCLUDED: 2.0
    A Scheduled Log - TO BE INCLUDED (if I know what you're talking about): 2.0
    Speration of User Titles and Ranks - INCLUDED
    Template conditionals - TO BE INCLUDED: 2.0
    Access Masks - INCLUDED
    An FAQ and Manager - INCLUDED (I believe)
    Anouncements, Global Anouncements and Announcement Manager - TO BE INCLUDED
    Super Administrators and Administrator Permissions - INCLUDED
    Custom User Profile Fields - TO BE INCLUDED
    User Reputations
    Custom BBCodes - TO BE INCLUDED
    Loads of Update Counters Options - What do you mean?
    Merge Users - NOT SURE
    Referrals

Not bad, eh?

Besides, IPB 2.0 could well be in a solid beta or RC (or even final) before vB3 is final. People will doubt that, but people have said vB3 would beat IPB 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 to market in the past, so I wouldn't be shocked.
    IPB is Alpha at the moment, correct? Does that not mean that the features that are to be included are not in any IPBs outside of IPS at the moment while the features in vBulletin are on tens if not hundreds of thousands of forums now? We can say that any feature under the sun will be in vBulletin one day but if it isn't there and is in the competition's software then there wouldn't be much to brag about like in the case of IPB 2.0.

Leave a comment:

• rebelsrock06
    replied
    Originally posted by iDavid

Yes that feature is there

MAn reading this thread i cant understand why anyone WOULDNT LOVE VB

Leave a comment:

• theXME
    replied
    An other point why vB is better: There are so much more hacks.
    You don't find special hacks for the IPB but the hack group of the vBulletin is very big.

And if IPB want to have money, too? That isn't just fun, one of the man of the IPB group wants to get money for IPB..

Leave a comment:

• iDavid
    replied
    Shining Arcanine, if you'll indulge me...

Subscriptions - INCLUDED
    Similar Threads
    Scheduled Tasks - TO BE INCLUDED: 2.0
    A Scheduled Log - TO BE INCLUDED (if I know what you're talking about): 2.0
    Speration of User Titles and Ranks - INCLUDED
    Template conditionals - TO BE INCLUDED: 2.0
    Access Masks - INCLUDED
    Anouncements, Global Anouncements and Announcement Manager - TO BE INCLUDED
    Super Administrators and Administrator Permissions - INCLUDED
    Custom User Profile Fields - TO BE INCLUDED
    User Reputations
    Custom BBCodes - TO BE INCLUDED
    Loads of Update Counters Options - What do you mean?
    Merge Users - NOT SURE
    Referrals

Not bad, eh?

Besides, IPB 2.0 could well be in a solid beta or RC (or even final) before vB3 is final. People will doubt that, but people have said vB3 would beat IPB 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 to market in the past, so I wouldn't be shocked.

Leave a comment:

• rebelsrock06
    replied
    NUFF SAID

VB obviously outranks others, but you can only lead a horse to the water, you cant make them drink

Leave a comment:

• SilentBlade
    replied
    vB is way better than IPB.
    Period.
    Hard Coding=Bad
    If you hard code everything your going to get an error unless your good at php.
    IPB should NOT be used by newbies. I am not a newbie but vB is better.

Leave a comment:

• rebelsrock06
    replied
    Originally posted by _| () R | Z
    btw; ask yourself this question: on big-boards.com there are 500+ forums that currently have more then 500.000 posts.

plz explain why so many of them use vbulletin if there were free alterniatives that were better/equal:

http://www.big-boards.com/statistics/
    Hmmmmm DUH, it nice to have all the TRUE VB fans here defending it.

Leave a comment:

• rebelsrock06
    replied
    HA HA HA HA HA thats funny, WHY MAKE IT FANCY WHEN YOU CAN HAVE BASIC

it would be better as, Why not have the good stuff when you can have crap. VB ROX

Sorry Im done now

Leave a comment:

• _| () R | Z
    replied
    btw; ask yourself this question: on big-boards.com there are 500+ forums that currently have more then 500.000 posts.

plz explain why so many of them use vbulletin if there were free alterniatives that were better/equal:

http://www.big-boards.com/statistics/

Leave a comment:

• _| () R | Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Cee-estee
    Oh, and there's another thing that really bugs me. This posting screen. They make it all fancy with nice dropdown things and hover stuff which just slows it down. And no, I don't have dial-up. I have hi-speed. Why waste time making things fancy, when all you need are the basics? You just need buttons and clickable emoticons. And they make it so when you click an emoticon, it appears as an image, not code. Awww...how cute. NOT. It just makes the page even longer to load!
    thats windows related (happens with win 98 (and pre) and not a vbulletin problem.

Leave a comment:

• rebelsrock06
    replied
    Obviously they think VB is no better than IPB, well thats not our prob, we got the features they dont, once the VB3 Admin Demo comes out then they'll expirence it and maybe swtch but this is just back and forth right now

Leave a comment:

• cirisme
    replied
    And IPB only puts in useful features.
    Well, that's a matter of perception, really. I personally find all the features you tagged as "useless" to be very useful...hence the fact that I use vB. If you find IPB's features more important/useful to you and your site, then by all means use IPB.

Leave a comment:

• rebelsrock06
    replied
    If you have special features or custom avatar or profile pic servie, you can give it to them when they get so many refferals, on the board im on we give users Profile Markups. 1 referal Colored Title 2 refs, scrolling title+color, 3 refs custom sidebar image + title+color

its really a great way of getting ppl to pass your site around, word of mouth goes a long way

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X