Google hearts on my toolbar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Kane
    I cant seem to fid that, im using the latest nightly build of FireFox, maybe that is why :S
    Right click anywhere in the about:config area, select New-->Integer. For the preference name, put "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" (w/o quotes). For the value, put 0

That should do it

Comment

Originally posted by MasterMac
      Right click anywhere in the about:config area, select New-->Integer. For the preference name, put "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" (w/o quotes). For the value, put 0

That should do it
      Ahhh, Thank you for your help, ill give it a shot now.

Edit: F ME! that has speeded it up a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Kane
        Ahhh, Thank you for your help, ill give it a shot now.

Edit: F ME! that has speeded it up a lot!
        Glad it worked

Comment

Originally posted by MasterMac
          Glad it worked
          Thanks, i didnt realise it would improve the speed quite this much.

Comment

// Enable pipelining:
            user_pref("network.http.pipelining", true);
            user_pref("network.http.proxy.pipelining", true);
            user_pref("network.http.pipelining.maxrequests", 100);

Placing these in your user.js file will enable pipelining, furthing speeding things up.
            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by welo
              Those are the three most notable finds when you Google for discussions on this anyway. I ran across any dozens of chick blogs with entries along the lines of "Google hearts are soooo CUTE!" I'm soooo glad they think so, while standing my ground against anyone who thinks it's just fine for Google to use their software to feed content to everyone's computer without permission or warning.
              When you install the Google Toolbar, it specifically states that if you enable the advanced features that information will be sent to and from Google to your toolbar installation. In order for the advanced features to work, you have to explicitly agree to this condition by clicking on a button.

Through this explicit act, you give permission for this communication back and forth. Sorry if you think that this is a violation of your rights but you agreed to it upon installation. If you no longer want this kind of implementation turn off the advanced features and/or uninstall the toolbar. It is as simple as that.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

RE: google toolbar

I tried this out, only because i only use google to search and noticed it blocks popups.

I must admit, it works great.
                Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Wed 18 Feb '04, 2:43pm.
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X