Microsoft Outlook 2003 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Outlook 2003 Question

I have a rule setup to where anything with a certain word or phrase in the subject will automatically be sent to another folder. However it isn't working and day after day I get a ton of emails that clog my inbox when they should be in another folder. Does anybody know how I can fix this to make it work? Thanks.

How do you have the rules setup? I have mine setup like this and it's been working.

Comment

I went to Tools --> Rules and Alerts.

Comment

I think he means how did you define the rule?

My rules in O2003 work fine.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I have "with specific words in the message header and subject" ticked and I told it to move it to a specific folder and with no exceptions.

Comment

You dont want it to check the body of the email , for the specific word?
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

No, just words in the subject. I changed things around a little bit, hopefully this will make it work. I'll just have to wait and see if I get anymore of those emails. Thanks for the help so far.

Comment

This is still not working. I gave it a day to see if I would receive anymore of those emails and I did. My inbox is flooded with them. Any other suggestions?

Comment

What is the target word, that the filter is looking for?
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

"Links Team" are the key words it is looking for. I'm not sure why it isn't working considering I have another rule setup to do the exact same thing, only with a different word and to move it into a different folder and that one is working just fine.

Comment

This is still not working and my inbox just received about 690 of these emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
                        "Links Team" are the key words it is looking for. I'm not sure why it isn't working considering I have another rule setup to do the exact same thing, only with a different word and to move it into a different folder and that one is working just fine.
                        filter seperately and together "Links Team" "Links" "Team"
                        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I don't want to do that because then anything with the words "Links" or "Team" will be deleted and that's not what I want.

Comment

I'm about to give up on this. I'm getting hundreds of emails a day and I just want them moved to a different folder but the rules that I have set up are not working at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X