Firebird becomes Firefox - 0.8 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poolking
    When I click on the extensions link, it gives me a 404 error, any other sites I can get these extensions from?
    Try the mirror: http://m1.161.telia.com/~u16112907/firefox/
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Their Extensions page is "not found" as well

Comment

I'm now getting the following pop up box when trying to copy and paste from a website into my forum.

Please see attachment.
        Attached Files

Comment

That's strange. Have you any extensions installed? You may need to create a new profile if the error persists and you want it fixed.
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
            That's strange. Have you any extensions installed? You may need to create a new profile if the error persists and you want it fixed.
            Nope, got no extensions installed and I cannot seem to get hold of any at the moment either.

Comment

Very strange.. is this your first install or are you using a profile from a previous build?
              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Can someone tell me why I can't seem to get Flash working on my copy of Firebird (or whatever)? I went to Macromedia's website and downloaded the installer, ran it, choose Firebird in the little menu thing where you choose what browser to install to, restarted Firebird and I still couldn't view any Flash content?

It's been like that when I tried using another version too -- I've nearly given up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
                  I'm now getting the following pop up box when trying to copy and paste from a website into my forum.

Please see attachment.
                  Try going into your C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\ directory, delete Phoenix, then restart FireFox. I had a similar message and that fixed it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B.
                    Can someone tell me why I can't seem to get Flash working on my copy of Firebird (or whatever)? I went to Macromedia's website and downloaded the installer, ran it, choose Firebird in the little menu thing where you choose what browser to install to, restarted Firebird and I still couldn't view any Flash content?

It's been like that when I tried using another version too -- I've nearly given up on it.
                    Did you restart the browser?

The way I do it is I go to a site which I know has flash, click on the little "Get Plugin" thingy, and let it take me to wherever I need to go from there, install it, and restart FF and it works.

Java on the other hand I have yet to get working (for the Windows version at least... OS X version works perfectly )

Comment

Hopefully the Mozilla Group doesn't have a cow for me offering a temporary mirror server to us vB users who want FireFox

http://media.worldsims.org/FirefoxSetup-0.8.exe

Open a new window and paste the URL....you can't click it directly regretfully.
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Just checked, I'm only getting the dialogue box (posted screenshot in my previous post) when I try and use the paste button in the WYSIWYG editor, if I use the paste function on the browser itself it works.

Any fix for this?
                        Last edited by poolking; Mon 9 Feb '04, 9:13pm. Reason: added a few words to make it clearer that screenshot had already been posted.

Comment

For reusing windows in your firefux, I mean fox, (Dave Shea was so right on that...) try going to "about:config" in your browser (remove any spaces that vB may add in-between there) and checking out the settings. There are some configurations for this. At least... there are in the 'plain' old Mozilla itself (though I think these settings have been in the normal Edit Preferences since 1.3b...)

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                            /me goes to edit functions.php is_browser() function a g a i n.
                            Crap, that means I have to modify the code for our liteStats add-on for vB3 too... :|

bah..

Comment

Originally posted by KuraFire
                              Crap, that means I have to modify the code for our liteStats add-on for vB3 too... :|

bah..
                              My God Kura, do I see a blatant plug there or what?

You seriously need to practice on subtleness...

Comment

Originally posted by KuraFire
                                For reusing windows in your firefux, I mean fox, (Dave Shea was so right on that...) try going to "about_:config" in your browser (remove any spaces that vB may add in-between there) and checking out the settings. There are some configurations for this. At least... there are in the 'plain' old Mozilla itself (though I think these settings have been in the normal Edit Preferences since 1.3b...)
                                I've tried setting:

clipboard.autocopy to true but no joy with that.

Anywhere else I should be looking?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X