No announcement yet.

Firebird becomes Firefox - 0.8 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares, just a name. It's a great browser. It's working great for me so far!

Comment

They stole my fox idea! Had a site up for ages called PHPFOX with a fox mascot/logo.

Comment

Hehe nicer name IMO
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

/me goes to edit functions.php is_browser() function a g a i n.

Comment

I don't see the point in the name change. I personally think Firebird sounds better...

Comment

Originally posted by HostOrbit
              I don't see the point in the name change. I personally think Firebird sounds better...
              They had to do it since there was another open-source project called Firebird (a database thingy if I remember correctly)

Oh well

Anyway, I think I may now be able to use Firefox as my new default browser here on OS X now that it's got a few certain things that the previous version didn't have

Comment

Originally posted by assassingod
                They stole my fox idea! Had a site up for ages called PHPFOX with a fox mascot/logo.
                sue em

PS: I beat CeleronXT to it
                Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

FYI:
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...448#post609448

Comment

Got a quick question.

I already have a window open, when I click a link in an email how do I stop Firefox from opening up a new window and just display the site in the same window that is already open?

Comment

As far as I can tell, you can't.

IE has an advanced setting to set 'Reuse windows when launching shortcuts' which achieves what you want when set to 'No', but I can't find anything similar in the Firefox preferences.

Comment

Install one of the mouse gesture extensions. They have the capability to reuse windows and/or tabs.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I think there's an extension that adds some tab functionality which includes that.

Comment

Tab Browser Extensions, an absolutely huge extension (slows things down for many people) probably has that functionality. It has like everything. O_o
                            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

When I click on the extensions link, it gives me a 404 error, any other sites I can get these extensions from?

Comment

I think one of the best extensions for Fire{bird,fox} and Mozilla has to be MozEx.

I use it so that I can use the right-click menu on a textarea to edit its contents using emacs. This makes doing edits on templates and such a breeze!

PS: RC4 upgrade went smoothly on my test server. Thank you!
                                AikiWeb Aikido Information

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X