Hey Steve Machol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Steve Machol

Just to clarify I was not soliciting in my post here:http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94687

I was simply asking a question, and looking for more info. I would have posted this there but it's closed.
    Louis| Techieville.com

When you said:

And Im not asking for FREE.
    The way you worded this indicated you were soliticiting paid services.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, soliciting means when you push paid services, not ask for them. At least thats the common type that is banned on forums. It's usually against the rules because its just basically spam, no one called for such advertisment, etc. But when you ASK for services, its different because then other people may be involved and it could benifit people.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        When you said:

The way you worded this indicated you were soliticiting paid services.
        Ok I could see how this may have confused the post, but I said it (put it this way) so I can avoid the stupid replies. Like "you need to pay for this type of work" - "Your not going to get this for free," etc. This way I can possibly get a repsonse with some info instead of nonsense replies... I hope Im making sense here? Although this can be taken that way, it's out of context.

None the less it's ok I was just asking a question that maybe some other forum admins may be able to shed some light on.

-Thanks Louis
        Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

just keep in mind he doesnt know you, and you prolly dont know him.

he is just trying to limit people making money off this site

that is all, he might have been a lil off, but doesnt seem like any harm was done

Comment

Originally posted by i am coo man
            Steve, soliciting means when you push paid services, not ask for them. At least thats the common type that is banned on forums. It's usually against the rules because its just basically spam, no one called for such advertisment, etc. But when you ASK for services, its different because then other people may be involved and it could benifit people.
            Main Entry: so·lic·it
            Pronunciation: s&-'li-s&t
            Function: verb
            Etymology: Middle English, to disturb, take charge of, from Middle French solliciter, from Latin sollicitare to disturb, from sollicitus anxious, from sollus whole (from Oscan; akin to Greek holos whole) + citus, past participle of ciEre to move -- more at SAFE, -KINESIS
            transitive senses
            1 a : to make petition to : ENTREAT b : to approach with a request or plea
            2 : to urge (as one's cause) strongly
            3 a : to entice or lure especially into evil b : to proposition (someone) especially as or in the character of a prostitute
            4 : to try to obtain by usually urgent requests or pleas
            intransitive senses
            1 : to make solicitation : IMPORTUNE
            2 of a prostitute : to offer to have sexual relations with someone for money
            synonym see ASK
            Asking is soliciting. Please get your terms right. As far as what's typically banned on other forums is completely irrelevant - this is not other forums.

Comment

If you truly have a problem with this decision by Steve it is best to take it up with him over PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrogius
                Asking is soliciting. Please get your terms right. As far as what's typically banned on other forums is completely irrelevant - this is not other forums.
                Steve, soliciting means when you push paid services, not ask for them. At least thats the common type that is banned on forums.
                Please read my entire post before you start quoting the dictionary. I was not refering to technicall definitions, but rather the practical usage of the definitions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X