Infinity to the Infinite Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinity to the Infinite Power

There really doesn't need to be much description here, except for the question - what is it? I tried googling it and didn't really get any good answers.

All I know is that it is not infinity, which is strange, because infinity x infinity is still infinity.
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Originally posted by CeleronXT
    There really doesn't need to be much description here, except for the question - what is it? I tried googling it and didn't really get any good answers.

All I know is that it is not infinity, which is strange, because infinity x infinity is still infinity.
    My first guess would be that it's still just infinity... because infinity itself is not a number, it's a concept. But since that's apparently not a 'correct' answer... I don't know

Comment

Like the universe is endless, until it starts to run into it self again or, until it getting smaller and ends with a big bang.

What is behind the universe, and how come that is even bigger? If there isn't anything, then what is keeping it in place.

We humanoids are just dumb.

Comment

I thought it was infinity, but my algebra teacher told me it's not.. He'll tell us what in a few days, but I'm curious now.
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

0 ?

Big bang, exsistance , big crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
            I thought it was infinity, but my algebra teacher told me it's not.. He'll tell us what in a few days, but I'm curious now.
            Well, when he does tell you, tell us

Comment

the answer is infinity.

Comment

It would be something like second infinity. There are different "sizes" of infinity.

Comment

I don't think that there's an actual solution to that "equation..."
                  http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

infinity++

Comment

I don't remember the specific rules with infinity, but I'm not 100% sure you can say infinity * infinity = infinity. I believe it might be undefined. What's (infinity - 1)? What's (infinity - 1)^2 = infinity * infinity - 2 * infinity + 1?

IIRC, you can't work with infinity, period... unless you work with limits.

So I'm going to say infinity^infinity = undefined.

Comment

Infinity is just a term to describe that which is not finite

It can't be given a scalar value.

http://reference.allrefer.com/encycl.../infinity.html
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
                          IIRC, you can't work with infinity, period... unless you work with limits.
                          And then it would be hardly infinity

Comment

Originally posted by floris
                            Like the universe is endless, until it starts to run into it self again or, until it getting smaller and ends with a big bang.

What is behind the universe, and how come that is even bigger? If there isn't anything, then what is keeping it in place.

We humanoids are just dumb.
                            Inertia enables the universe to grow since the variable of Inertia from the big bang was so high, it compounds itself over time. The growth of the variable is slowed down a bit by gravitrons from various sources.

Comment

Well, I've got the answer now. It's not really concrete, but the answer is that it's bigger than infinity.
                              Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X