Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'C' Word

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • the 'C' Word

    Why is this regarded as the most abusive word ever, according to TV editors?

    Apparantly there's been hundreds of complains when john said it on 'i'm a celebrity' (UK reality TV show, where they put washed up stars into a jungle and mess with them)


    I find 'the C word' the least offending, and one of the most hilarious words in the english language. it just sounds funny.

    (for those that don't know what 'the C word' is, it rhymes with blunt.
    Last edited by nebby; Wed 4th Feb '04, 3:39pm. Reason: changed '****' to 'the C word'

  • #2
    women just do seem to like it...
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

    Comment


    • #3
      its just rude. hell, they'll soon be using f*ck on american tv now.
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nebby
        I find 'the C word' the least offending, and one of the most hilarious words in the english language. it just sounds funny.
        Less offensive than, say, "bunny?" Or "feather?" If I called your mother a feather, you'd be more offended than if I called her a ****?

        I mean, I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just think that it's strange that someone could think that the word "****" was less offensive than, say, "pinnacle."
        http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          i said I found it one of the least offensive, i apreciate that other people don't.

          But to me, a word is a word. words don't kill people, words don't actually do any real harm in the world. don't go making arguments and say the media can ruin lives and things like that, i know. but i mean single 'offensive' words.

          Swear words are a good way of expressing anger, and releiving stress. which is a good thing, as long as people apreciate it's only a word.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by WizyWyg
            its just rude. hell, they'll soon be using f*ck on american tv now.
            Considering that most Americans are sensitive when it comes to language and nudity on TV, I doubt this will happen anytime soon.
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vile
              Considering that most Americans are sensitive when it comes to language and nudity on TV, I doubt this will happen anytime soon.
              I really don't see what the big ****ing deal is. School is 100x more offensive (language-wise) than anything on TV.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
                Less offensive than, say, "bunny?" Or "feather?" If I called your mother a feather, you'd be more offended than if I called her a ****?

                I mean, I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just think that it's strange that someone could think that the word "****" was less offensive than, say, "pinnacle."
                I think he meant the least offensive out of the "naughty words".

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by squall14716
                  I really don't see what the big ****ing deal is. School is 100x more offensive (language-wise) than anything on TV.
                  School may be offensive, but what's on TV is actually regulated. (FCC)
                  Key words being "in the US."
                  Many other countries are less strict when it comes to TV, and they openly show nudity, have "cuss" words, and so on, but this doesn't happen in the US, unless it's a premium channel.
                  I'm not saying it's good or bad, but simply stating how it is here, compared to other countries.
                  Last edited by Vile; Wed 4th Feb '04, 6:16pm.
                  Webmaster / Administrator
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WizyWyg
                    its just rude. hell, they'll soon be using f*ck on american tv now.
                    They already do watch Comedy Central when they air South Park Bigger Longer and uncut

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Faranth
                      They already do watch Comedy Central when they air South Park Bigger Longer and uncut
                      I believe he meant basic television, because they've always used those words on cable television.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Comedy Central also is, last I remember, a network of their own where the FCC does not really regulate what is said; last I recall, this as announced by one of the SP creators after the big episode where **** was said so many times.

                        CC could say the f-word all day long and probably not have to worry about anything, they did it for **** and even claimed they didn't know why they didn't do it sooner because of such.

                        Again, this came from an airing of the SP creators, I can't really confirm they are their own network so to speak, but I do believe they are not sanctioned the same by the FCC as normal cable networks are such as CBS, ABC and so forth.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mdx381
                          I believe he meant basic television, because they've always used those words on cable television.
                          Those words have always been censored on cable television; it seems as if they're only "allowed" when networks want to air unedited versions of movies, and sometimes in other rare instances.
                          http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            my 2 cents

                            Whenever a woman calls me a d*ck I call them the "C" word. To me it seems only fair. If she can call me that I should be able to call her the "C" word.

                            I remember when one girl got mad at me when I called her that, and I just blasted her by saying it was the samething that she called me. She didn't have a come back lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              .............
                              http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X