Uk Dpa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk Dpa

I have just been discussing the Data Protection Act with one of my teachers, and I have a few queries on certain matters of it.

As I am over 18, I believe that I can ask the college to be able to view all documentation - computer and paper based that they have about me. However would such data include emails between staff members that have been written about me?

Obviously I understand that I would be obliged to pay an administration fee for this service.

My other question, is that if I have data that cannot be disclosed to others on my computer (say like Doctors Records etc), would the school be allowed to take my machine off me and look through the hard drive - they seem to have this thing, where if they suspect you of anything, your machine is taken off you - and I was wondering if that is actually legal in the first place, and secondly if I did have such material would that still be legal?

Many Thanks,
    J Williams
    Last edited by JAWilliams; Wed 4 Feb '04, 11:53am.

I don't know how it works in a 'school' situation.

But stored information; like name, address, etc - you can request them for free, the only fee would be to cover costs.

Discussion between others are not stored information about you. They are just email conversations.

Even if the system is theirs, without concent, they are not allowed to open private documents like doctor records, etc. Privacy is broken at that point.

That is how I think about it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X