Fourth Release Candidate on Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourth Release Candidate on Friday

Hmm, i was starting to wonder, when there was know Gold release Monday.
    I guess it's better sifting threw another RC, then releasing Gold code with minor issues though.

It will be well worth the wait..

So can any devs confirm that the final images, will still only be added to the final release?
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

I did not read otherwise, and if they would be introduced in the rc4, Kier might have mentioned it.

Who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by floris
      I did not read otherwise, and if they would be introduced in the rc4, Kier might have mentioned it.

Who knows!
      It dont mention it,, but you know Kier, he loves surprises
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

When Gold is due out, I wouldn't doubt him pulling another "Beta 3" on us - first give a release date, then tell people to go to sleep and he wasn't releasing at midnight GMT, and hold up a sign like "I R Got vB3" on his webcam, and finally release it while I'm somewhere else.

Comment

Man, that was cool of Kier to give me that i r got vb3 image
          Shows everybody they are not just a bunch of dull devs

Comment

I can't wait. I can't wait til Gold because maybe it will be easier with styles and not having to redo them

Comment

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy
              I can't wait. I can't wait til Gold because maybe it will be easier with styles and not having to redo them
              The templates are final. The only thing being fixed in the RC versions are minor bugs, there's nothing major that will be changed.

Comment

Images, Radon That's pretty big
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I don't know why images take so long. :\ My old graphics artist churned out a whole button set in an hour.
                  "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                  "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                  Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                    Images, Radon That's pretty big
                    I personally don't find images that big of a deal. They don't help or hinder the actual working of the product other than to make it look nice. That's just my opinion, though.

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                      I don't know why images take so long. :\ My old graphics artist churned out a whole button set in an hour.
                      We never said they weren't being released because they are taking a long time to produce. We have previously said that there hasn't been time for the images as of yet and have made a business decision to not release them until the final release.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I was more responding to the post about them being really big.
                        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Great news, I'm gonna wait till friday, then I'll do my first test run with vB3.

Comment