Clear All

• muse-sic
    replied
    sold!

Thanks Faranth. RC3 it is

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I personally dont suggest vBportal for any installtion unless they do a massive optimization of their code. Ive seen instaltions of vBportal that can have over 100 querys for just a single page with a few plugins.

If your just starting i dont see any reason to go with vB2.

There are two Portal like pages. vBadvanced (see signature) and vBindex (http://www.coreforums.net/ i think ) Both are good for what they do and they do get the job done.

If you start with vB3 and decide to go with vB3 2 months later youll get stuck with having to do the upgrade which can be a rather long process. (the upgrade it self isnt, its reindexing the search system and updating post counters).

Leave a comment:

• muse-sic
    started a topic New installers, vBulletin 2.3.4 or RC3

New installers, vBulletin 2.3.4 or RC3

Hello, I've an owned license a couple weeks ago, and am about ready to begin work on a new site with a vBulletin board. I realize that RC3 may be the better candidate to use for a new site, but I’d like to use vbPortal, (which is not yet VB3-compatiple)..

Is the upgrade process from v2.3.4 a simple one (comparable to a fresh install), or Perhaps I should install RC3 now, and simply render an HTML frontend until vPortal”3” is released? (I realize that things may change tomorrow, if RC3 goes gold, but...)

Slightly different question but, are there other vBulletin 3 -compatible portal options out there yet?

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X