1700 simultaneous users and growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1700 simultaneous users and growing

This is not a DoS attack, but today we really have many users online!
    http://forums.jeuxonline.info

Watch the list at the bottom of the page!

Ok, this is not like the Gaia boards (phpBB) or IGN boards (custom), but this is still impressive for me. We hope vB3 will be able to handle this many people.

Can anyone slashdot us so our usercount get really destroyed ?
    Last edited by Lumina; Tue 3rd Feb '04, 7:10am.
    Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
    Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
    Join the vBulletin French community social group!

What is the cookie set to? default: 900 ?

Impressive numbers! I will load a browser too :P

Comment

nice what is the cookie timeout as floris said ? Interested in knowing what server hardware you're on
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I will ask about the cookie timeout as soon as possible. I think it is the default value for vb2.

But right now, it appears we have some database issues with threads mergin together ?

Comment

wow, impressive

how many post/threads/users do you have?
          That's the end of that!

Comment

Mr Nase, some stats are available here :
            http://www.big-boards.com/board/240/

And yes, it is 900 seconds for the timeout:
            http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showth...postid=5617840

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
              wow, impressive

how many post/threads/users do you have?
              I'd like to know, too. Esp. since you're still running vB 2.3.0 there

Comment

We have between 1.650.000 public posts + unknown private posts + 3.150.000 archived on another database, and about 45.000 registrations.

Ok, today's usercount stops at 1776... your independance year isn't it ?
                Last edited by Lumina; Tue 3rd Feb '04, 7:49am. Reason: oups, wrong numbers

Comment

Server is:
                  Bi-Xeon 2.4 Ghz 3.5 Go

We changed it this morning. Our old record was 1380 this morning, and now it is 1822 users online ! This new server is really cool.

Comment

How are your load averages doing on the dual xeon 2.4 with that many online?

Awesome numbers...plus looks like a great community too.
                    Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Sorry Kathy, I can't answer about load averages, I am not administrator of the board, only translator.

Comment

If you want to see a high load vBulletin board, check out forums.offtopic.com

Comment

Originally posted by drumsy
                          If you want to see a high load vBulletin board, check out forums.offtopic.com
                          http://www.howardforums.com/index.php?

currently 1069 members and 2034 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 4320 on 11-24-2003 at 16:30
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
                            http://www.howardforums.com/index.php?

currently 1069 members and 2034 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 4320 on 11-24-2003 at 16:30
                            I am always skeptical of boards with online numbers that high... you often find that they have 24 hour cookie-timeout periods or some other factor that makes the number effectively invalid and incomparable with a board like vb.com with a 15 minute timeout.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                              I am always skeptical of boards with online numbers that high... you often find that they have 24 hour cookie-timeout periods or some other factor that makes the number effectively invalid and incomparable with a board like vb.com with a 15 minute timeout.
                              what i'd really like to see is a vB forum setup to use emicnetwork's MySQL clustering application http://www.emicnetworks.com hehe drools
                              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment