The secret to a successful bulletin board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IDN
    Oh! Sorry! He posted a bunch of words from Thesaurus.com here!
    Looks like someone missed the point (and meaning) of the thread
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Giving your forum members something to remember really seems to be the kicker. A lot of my members started flocking over to a board that was up years ago that many of us had first started our foruming days on. We had some good memories over there, and a lot of the group stayed together forum death after forum death. We're all currently at my forum. However, the very first forum just opened back up on an Ikonboard (LMFAO) and a lot of members just flocked back. The board software is absolute crap. The admin doesn't care about the site. None of the old posts are back. It's not even on the same domain anymore.. But the fact is everyone started rushing back just because of the memories... (Won't last long - because the admin doesn't care, much of the board is already a spam wasteland)

But I guess the moral is make sure your members have fun, and give them a good experience.
      Originally posted by Kathy
      and swift and courteous handling of TOS......

and friendliness......
      So that's why IDN's forums don't get very big.. ! I see.

Great guy at vB.com; nazi on his sites.

No that's actually not it, I just saw the opportunity to make a nubbins-like bashing and jumped on it.

*ducks*
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X