X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• version2
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicholas Brown

Ed, Buddy, will you set it up on some free space or give us a few screenshots of the cave-man version? (No offense intended)
    Id like to see it.

i will tell you, I am fairly new to the 'building communities' game but I tried several boards and none of them stack up. Not IB, UBB, blah, blah...none of them.

Hail to the King! VB! And thx to the developers for all your dedication and hard work.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
    I have the original beta version
    Ed, Buddy, will you set it up on some free space or give us a few screenshots of the cave-man version? (No offense intended)

Leave a comment:

• JamesUS
    replied
    Happy Birthday vB!!! And thanks to John and James and the other developers for helping to make this great product

Leave a comment:

• JimF
    replied
    Oh, yeah, and a HUGE thank you to John for letting us convince him to release his code publically .

-jim

Leave a comment:

• JimF
    replied
    Originally posted by mrogish
    It'll be a year (in March) since we started Baseballboards with... *shudder* the-bulletin-board-which-shall-not-be-named. Sweet, sweet vB has allowed us to rack up close to 18,400 users in under a year. Long live vB!
    I thought BBB came around in August of 1999? I know because I started my site in January of 2000 - and I used BBB to help get some initial members .

-jim

Leave a comment:

• Kathy
    replied
    Happy Birthday VB!

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    yeah long live vb. Since installing the beta (alpha whatever) our daily post count as near doubled! My users love it... what potential vb has...

Leave a comment:

• MattR
    replied
    It'll be a year (in March) since we started Baseballboards with... *shudder* the-bulletin-board-which-shall-not-be-named. Sweet, sweet vB has allowed us to rack up close to 18,400 users in under a year. Long live vB!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    I have the original beta version

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    Yeehaw! You know what'd be cool? You should keep old copies of the original vB and share it with us. That way in like 3 years, we'd all be able to look back and see what "Grandpa" used to drive haha...

Damn I wish I had a backup of yahoo's homepage back in 95'.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    happy birthday vB !!

vB has made my forum a real success and well worth the money

Leave a comment:

• Alwaysmefirst
    replied
    Happy Birthday to Vb!! Thanks for creating the best bulletin board!

Leave a comment:

• Sharg
    replied
    What a long way we have come and who would have thought that we would end up where we are now...
    Well wait to see where you will end up tomorrow... Vb has a tremandeous potential and I think today is only the beginning.

Congratulations for this first year
    Now let us download beta 2
    Last edited by Sharg; Tue 20 Feb '01, 3:50pm.

Leave a comment:

• nadine
    replied
    Happy Birthday to vBulletin
    And thank y'all for a wonderful, efficient, and economical solution.

Leave a comment:

• John
    started a topic Did you know?

Did you know?

That exactly one year ago today (it's 21st Feb in UK now), the first lines of vBulletin code were written! All because our server was struggling to keep up with the load of the forums.

Here we are a year later with version 2 of the software in the final stages of development. What a long way we have come and who would have thought that we would end up where we are now...

Thanks to everyone who has helped us in any way along the way, especially the mods and developers. We couldn't do it without you!

John