Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help with transfering a domain name from someone to myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with transfering a domain name from someone to myself...

I recently lost a domain name to someone else. I wrote the new owner of the domain and he has agreed to sell it back to me for $75.

I need an answer from an expert in this matter, who's done this before and knows how it works.

What is the best way for me to pay this person the money in order to get my domain name back? How can I be sure that once he gets the money, he will release my domain back to me?

:cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:

It takes time for the domain name transfer process to all unfold. I believe the system is you start it by going to the domain registerar you want it held with and stay you want to transfer said domain name to your account. The registar then sends an email to the current owner and he has to accept. Then it comes to you.

Maybe you should start out the transfer with the new registar make him send you a copy of the email sent to him then pay him and have him accept and then send you the resulting email he will get. If you do this over paypal I believe they have protection against fraud although not sure.
    Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

Thanks Surrix for your help. I'll follow what you stated and see what happens. Thanks again.

:cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:

Comment

Working...
      X