No announcement yet.

Is this true.. ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the "call home" feature does is tell Jelsoft that somewhere is accessing the admin panel on a vBulletin forum with the URL of the site and license number. There should be no concerns with privacy since you already are required to tell Jelsoft all of this information in the member area.
    MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Arkham
      Do you use Windows?

Do you wear aluminum hats?
      WTF.... you on about.. are you on drugs..

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy
        Helpful too if you have extra water glasses nearby.
        will some-1 let me in on this joke...???? as seeing as im str8 .... i dont get your bent jokes......

Comment

Originally posted by Baron30s
          will some-1 let me in on this joke...???? as seeing as im str8 .... i dont get your bent jokes......
          The joke....

Aluminum hats keep the microwaves out of your brain so the government cannot read your mind.

The water glasses are to protect against the aliens because they are allergic to it. It also helps if you have asthma because they breathe poison gases.

If you still don't understand you need to rent the movie "Signs" with Mel Gibson. Another good one is "Conspiracy Theory" with Mel Gibson... Wonder if that is a coincedence or if he is just trying to educate us against the true evils of the world.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

The joke...is that vb would spend its time spying on all the forums. They only have a "call home" feature when you log into the admin cpanel. This validates the license...and is not a spy in your forum. Makes sure the forum is licensed is part of the purchase legalese.

But in case you think they are spying on you....get a vb and wear aluminum hats to protect yourself.
            Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Baron30s
              Nothing quite like homophobia!

Comment

Originally posted by Arkham
                Do you use Windows?

Do you wear aluminum hats?
                Well, as most know, Windows can and does track what you do, rather MS does; take Windows XP for instance. Most software you install no-days have such.

Comment

Have Jelsoft ever made it public what they do with the info? I don't see a privacy policy anywhere...
                  Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Raz Meister
                    Have Jelsoft ever made it public what they do with the info? I don't see a privacy policy anywhere...
                    You mean the info they already know/you provided to them when you bought vB?

Comment

I just had a long look at the vBulletin code.

Did you know that certain messages are tagged and e-mailed to Hillary Clinton?

Did you know that Jelsoft owns a fleet of extremely quiet black helicopters?

Did you know that the Trilateral Commission and the Illuminati use vBulletin on their intranets?

Well, none of that is true.

Cyburbia Forums - a third place for urban planners
                      http://www.cyburbia.org/forums

Comment

No new info..... They use it the "call home" feature to make sure the copy of vb you are using is the one you purchased. Its part of the license agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by cyburbia
                          Did you know that ... the Illuminati use vBulletin on their intranets?

Well, none of that is true.

That's right. THey use phpbb now.....

Comment

Here is what we do... This is posted in the License Agreement.
                            Originally posted by vBulletin - License Agreement
                            From time to time, Jelsoft may inspect your registration integrity. This will be done without collecting any information whatsoever about your server or your users. The only information verified will be your licence number and the domain on which the software is run. Should Jelsoft discover discrepancies in the software usage, be aware that you may lose your licence and may face legal actions for Software Piracy. Your information will not be shared with 3rd parties. Occasionally, it is necessary to record your IP address for security and performance monitoring. Please be aware that we subcontract our anti-piracy measures to Legal Research Associates. They may contact you to clarify your license legality, and will use an email address @vbulletin.com , @lra.com or @nukepirates.com .
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X