Is this true.. ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this true.. ??

I'm looking into buying a License for Vbulletin Board...
    But have now been told that it has a Spy Code installed so vb can see what every board is up to ????? how true is this.... Scary...

it has nothing of the sort, it does have a process where it checks the most current version

Comment

It literally checks the version and says if its up to date or not.

PHP being viewable source means you can view it yourself and check.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Baron30s
        I'm looking into buying a License for Vbulletin Board...
        But have now been told that it has a Spy Code installed so vb can see what every board is up to ????? how true is this.... Scary...
        It's "scary" because it's not true.
        Webmaster / Administrator
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

Ahhhh and it even knows what brand of toothpaste you use and what you ate for dinner.
          Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy
            Ahhhh and it even knows what brand of toothpaste you use and what you ate for dinner.
            So how's that Crest been working out for you, Kathy? Better than the Colgate you were using last week?

Comment

I take that as a no then..
              thanks for the info... but you know how easy rumours get around..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
                So how's that Crest been working out for you, Kathy? Better than the Colgate you were using last week?
                Its working better, Mike. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Older versions used to have the "call home" feature which would consist of downloading a blank image from the vB servers.

It seems that option has been replaced with the "version checker", which in my opinion is awful, and is something I have disabled on my boards. When the vB servers become sluggish, which is quite often, you can't access your admin section which can be quite frustrating. :\
                  Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

¬¬U are you affraid of they know what's is going on in your forum or do you have an ilegal copy?
                    | vBulletin Hispano |

Comment

I take that as a no then..
                      thanks for the info... but you know how easy rumours get around..
                      Sure do. Warez circlez thrive on rumours.

Comment

Originally posted by Raz Meister
                        Older versions used to have the "call home" feature which would consist of downloading a blank image from the vB servers.

It seems that option has been replaced with the "version checker", which in my opinion is awful, and is something I have disabled on my boards. When the vB servers become sluggish, which is quite often, you can't access your admin section which can be quite frustrating. :\
                        The version checker is still the call home:

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Argueta
                          ¬¬U are you affraid of they know what's is going on in your forum or do you have an ilegal copy?
                          first let me say No I don't have an Illegal Copy.... I'm using phpBB2 at the moment if thats any of your business.....

But yes your right...... if you really would like to know i don't like the idea that they can track anything they like in the forums... ( if this is what they can do ) if I'm paying to Lease or even buy a License then surely that means the forums should have privacy from any-1 at all unless they are a member of the forums.....

If you Leased an house of some-1 and was paying them money to use that property you would not expect them to have camera's hidden all over the house watching every thing you do......
                          so lets say i sell you my house.. but i put camera's in every room just to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't abuse my house....

now to me this is the same sort of thing...

and b4 any-1 at all says this.. ( looks to me like he will be using it for the wrong reasons ) no i wont.. i just don't like the idea of being spy-ed on...

Comment

But yes your right...... if you really would like to know i don't like the idea that they can track anything they like in the forums... ( if this is what they can do ) if I'm paying to Lease or even buy a License then surely that means the forums should have privacy from any-1 at all unless they are a member of the forums.....

If you Leased an house of some-1 and was paying them money to use that property you would not expect them to have camera's hidden all over the house watching every thing you do......
                            so lets say i sell you my house.. but i put camera's in every room just to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't abuse my house....

now to me this is the same sort of thing...

and b4 any-1 at all says this.. ( looks to me like he will be using it for the wrong reasons ) no i wont.. i just don't like the idea of being spy-ed on...
                            Do you use Windows?

Do you wear aluminum hats?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkham
                              Do you use Windows?

Do you wear aluminum hats?
                              Helpful too if you have extra water glasses nearby.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X