No announcement yet.

MikeRoweSoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think that taking someone to court is a big waste of time for both parties because the names sound the same.

Dark Shogun

Comment

Microsoft has said that they are softening their stance and will not sue, and I guess they're letting him keep the name. That's great news for Mike, as had they decided to take him on, they would have won.
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
        Microsoft has said that they are softening their stance and will not sue, and I guess they're letting him keep the name. That's great news for Mike, as had they decided to take him on, they would have won.
        If M$ could have won, they'd still be pursuing it.
        Computer Help Forum
        An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

Originally posted by noppid
          If M$ could have won, they'd still be pursuing it.
          Not necessarily... sometimes winning costs more than losing. In this case I wouldn't be surprised if the powers that be decided they didn't need any more negative publicity right now. Nobody applauds when Goliath beats David...
          The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
          Articles - Forum Review
          Interviews:
          KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
          Paul M

Comment

Originally posted by the Sandman
            Not necessarily... sometimes winning costs more than losing. In this case I wouldn't be surprised if the powers that be decided they didn't need any more negative publicity right now. Nobody applauds when Goliath beats David...
            I'm not convinced it's over. Time will tell.
            Computer Help Forum
            An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

Originally posted by the Sandman
              That's my guess too, seeing the support he's getting (for the right reasons or not) I think MS will walk opposed to becoming more of a Goliath .
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by noppid
                I'm not convinced it's over. Time will tell.
                Everything has an oppportunity cost
                Webmaster / Administrator
                www.MegaGames.com
                www.MGForums.com

Comment

If Microsoft has dropped this issue of taking Mike to court over this domain issue. I think it is because he went public with the whole deal. Microsoft doesn't need any more bad Publicity. Doesn't look good in the public eye to sue a 17 year old kid. It would do more harm then good. jmo

Comment

Anyone want to divulge their sources that say Microsoft is dropping their case?
                    Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Raz Meister
                      Anyone want to divulge their sources that say Microsoft is dropping their case?
                      It was on televisted news this morning, so I don't have an online source yet.
                      Microsoft concedes taking case 'a little too seriously'
                      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Yeah, MS was getting tons of bad publicity going after a kid, who was using his REAL name. Anyways, he helped design www.wholycow.com and that's been getting crazy traffic the last few days. WC is a VB board too, which I thought was cool!
                        http://www.yorkietalk.com

Comment

To be honest, I don't think this situation is really the David and Goliath it is being made out to be. The guy is clearly trying make money out of Microsoft's name. There is nothing "heroic" about that, and nothing justifiable to defend.
                          Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

To be honest, I don't think this situation is really the David and Goliath it is being made out to be. The guy is clearly trying make money out of Microsoft's name. There is nothing "heroic" about that, and nothing justifiable to defend.
                            EXACTLY! This story should have NEVER made the news.. It's sick. Because the news picked it up, this guy is making more money now than ever all because he thought it'd be cute to rip MS's name.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddie
                              Yeah, MS was getting tons of bad publicity going after a kid, who was using his REAL name. Anyways, he helped design www.wholycow.com and that's been getting crazy traffic the last few days. WC is a VB board too, which I thought was cool!
                              Nice site.
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

As Jerry said, the public is supporting Mike Rowe, whether for the right reasons or not. In business, perception is everything...
                                The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                                Articles - Forum Review
                                Interviews:
                                KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
                                Paul M

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X