Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any content management systems out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. HillBilly
    I've been looking for a CMS that Integrates with vBulletin. All of the opensource portals don't. I'm not paying for a CMS since money is limited.

What I hate about vBulletin is that it doesn't Integrate with crap.
    That's not vBulletin's fault, is it?

Comment

A nice CMS i found is
      Virtuanews. www.virtuanews.co.uk

Gives me all the FEATURES i want.

Demo Site -> http://207.58.143.178/

Sandy...
      Last edited by SaN-DeeP; Sun 27 Feb '05, 5:42am.
      TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Check out this one:

http://www.subdreamer.com/

Comment

Big Medium looks very good. It's written in PERL and creates static pages for articles. Dynamic data can be added via SSI.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. HillBilly
            I've been looking for a CMS that Integrates with vBulletin. All of the opensource portals don't. I'm not paying for a CMS since money is limited.

What I hate about vBulletin is that it doesn't Integrate with crap.
            I'm working on intergrating Mambo and vBulletin right now, and should have a a very early beta release on vb.org in the next few days. It will be open source, with all the Mambo changes already made to the code and instructions for modifying the vB code.

Comment

PostNuke has a VB integration by SamsTech.net (Or I should say, Had). Now, they stopped releasing the PostNuke Bridge for VB3 (and also their PN OSC Bridge) because they are completly re-writing postnuke and adding many new functions to it, plus adding alot of security. They are calling it Fenix. I have been watching, and it is progressing very slowly, but when it comes out, the fact that it will integrate with VB3 and OSCommerce will make it a great CMS. Not to mention the hundreds of modules and blocks available for PostNuke now will probably still work, or be easily modified to do so.

Comment

Check it out.

http://www.mambovb.com

It is only in beta right now though.
                -Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Brewer
                  I'm working on intergrating Mambo and vBulletin right now, and should have a a very early beta release on vb.org in the next few days. It will be open source, with all the Mambo changes already made to the code and instructions for modifying the vB code.
                  D'oh.

I didn't even realize you had already posted mambovb in this thread.
                  -Neal

Comment

Hey Brewer - that's awesome... Cudos to you sir.

I am seriously looking into Mambo for a potential client who also wants to use vB3... I am gonna sign up to yoru forum tomorrow...
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by TheMusicMan
                      Hey Brewer - that's awesome... Cudos to you sir.

I am seriously looking into Mambo for a potential client who also wants to use vB3... I am gonna sign up to yoru forum tomorrow...
                      I just finished. I've got a little cleaning up to do, and I still have to write another install script and some documentation, but there will be a public beta release sometime Friday.

Comment

PBchannel, what ARE you looking for in a content management system? I'm looking over all of them that you referenced... but am not sure what matters and what doesn't.

I'll definitely pay for a good, solid system... free is only good for a while. That's why I went with vBulletin... they have some cash flow and will be around for support!!

So, again what are you hoping to find in CMS?
                        www.marriedplace.com

Comment

vBulletin 3 and PostNuke integration

I've integated vBulletin 3 and PostNuke. They use single login/signup.
                          vBulletin 3 works as a PostNuke wrapped application and in a fullscreen mode.

Comment

Well, what is your url Berkut? Let's have a looksee.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X