best way to advertise a new forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to advertise a new forum.

Ok i have been running Vb now for a while and purchased my license just under 12 months ago and will renew it when the date comes.

For now i just released a forum which will in turn become part of my new company when it kick starts, first off.

1. Best way to generate a good member base.
    2. get good search results.
    3. make it visable to all in different browsers etc.

Basically anything and everything to make my forum big and smooth running.

Cheers.

A lot of members say Adwords gets the job done. As for visable in all different browers you need to download them all or the main ones and test those things out for yourself.
    Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

I have been running mine since Oct.2003, and it's not easy getting folks to sign up and stay. Im trying various things like posting in other forums, and just spreading the word online. I think it's a just a matter of luck. Ive seen boards that have a large member base all day everyday, and other's that are small but have post evry now and then.

Site submission is important as well. Layout of forums, and color selection are important too. as far as browsers Me I worry about IE and Safari now, anything else is pot luck. I dont worry anymore about the diff browsers, I dont have time to design for every browser. Good Luck.
      Last edited by louisl; Mon 12 Jan '04, 6:53pm.
      Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

This has been asked and asked and asked before, i know i even asked it once

Do a search and everyone will tell you the same answer.
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X