Clear All

Originally posted by JB007
    Hey guys, you've gone off-topic! Remember: We were talking about WinXP
    WinWhat?

version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
    Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Joe, You are right , people usually prefer an easy operating system rather than a hard-to-use OS like Linux. But we must remember that Windows NT series in general are good and stable operating systems. Maybe they are expansive but they do the work fast and easy. However, if you want to unleash the real power of your PC you must use a *nix operating system. Such as Linux and FreeBSD.

Skeptical, Yes I've played Half-Life but when I had reached the surface I found that my copy was for evaluation only ( It came with my PC ) , then I've played the Opposing Force Demo and it was great !! I think I'm going to buy it ...

Comment

I'm very skeptical of anything Microsoft makes these days. They have ulterior motives for everything they do. They renamed OLE to ActiveX. And for what? And now this .Net and XP. What in the world is that?

The thing I really hate about MS is that with every product they make, they have to try and sidestep standard protocols just so they can kidnap it for their marketing purposes.

JB007,
        Ever try Counter Strike? That thing's so addicting. Since getting it last week, I haven't been paying much attention to my website...
        Well, there it is.
        - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

well I look froward using any new OS of Microsoft. I've started with DOS, which was pretty basic, but it did a good job in its time. Than I was able to work with Win95, which was a huge improvement. Now I was able to do a lot more than I could do with DOS. Than there was Win98, another huge improvement in matter speed and stability, at least on my system. Newt will probably be Win2000, but I'll need to purchase some extra RAM before I'll be able to install it...

I wish MS all the best for the development of Windows XP. The better it turns out to be, the better it is for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Little
            It's surely a far better upgrade than 98 -> ME...
            ME wasn't an upgrade. It was more of a...service pack.

Comment

Or...

Originally posted by PeF
              If you want to test (unfortunately, not fully) new GUI in Windows and you use WindowsBlinds (hope I wrote it correctly), just download Luna skin.
              Or if you want to get the "almost-full-experience", try DesktopX (by the same company thats makes WindowBlinds - Stardock). It's incredible.

Comment

Re: Or...

Originally posted by tubedogg

Or if you want to get the "almost-full-experience", try DesktopX (by the same company thats makes WindowBlinds - Stardock). It's incredible.
                The last time i tried those things it made everything so damn slooooowww...
                version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
                Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

http://www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com/2001...s/IE6_2428.jpg

http://www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com/2001...hots/START.jpg
                  http://www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com/2001...wsexplorer.jpg

Just thought that I would include some screen shots.

Personally I think it looks great, and as ever change is good. You will get used to it if you dont like It I think.

Talking loud but aint saying nothing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X