Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you charge or are planning to charge for membership for your site..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I did was use the <if> statements to show an ad for non-contributing members or else show the style drop down for contributing members. Then I removed the code to alter the style from the user cp.
    HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
    Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
    iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
    VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

After i upgrade, i am planning to give a ad free solution for premium members, avatars, extra forum and styles.

I don't know the price for sure, but i think it will be 10 euro's a year.
      Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

I'm thinking about access to extra forums, ability to submit links to linkdump, no ads, avatars, etc.

Thinking of charging between $2.50 to $4.50/month... haven't figured out the specifics yet.
        :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Did you read that thread? There are correct and incorrect ways of doing these things. That thread is the best example of an incorrect way.
          Yes I did, that is why I posted it.

Comment

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, but I'm not very creative. I just started a new forum, topic=Free exchange for posting Motorcycle Rides, events and fund raisers, with the intention of making a few bucks. Question was how? This thread has been very inspiring. My target audiance is 21 to 70 year olds, Motorcycle riders. So taking the ideas from this thread I've come up with a $20.00 per year Premium Membership.

* A User Definable Custom Title
            * A Customizable Signature for your Posts
            * Custom Avatar up to 115x115 16Kb
            * Ability to Start Polls
            * Ability to send up to 50 PM's at once Vs 1
            * Ability to store 500 PM's Vs 5
            * Ability to upload attachments and pics
            * Access to a Private Premium Members only Forum
            * Surf the site without ads

Thanks for the ideas, we'll see how this works out as it is a startup, only 1 week old. We will be working on advertising by getting fliers out to the bars. We hope to get these same bars as advertisers too.
            Computer Help Forum
            An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

That seems like a lot of features only available to paying members. That's your choice, but for a website just starting up I would recommend making more of those features available by default. People aren't going to sign up for premium membership when the site is only a week old and they can't trust that the community will be there in a year.

I would recommend launching your boards with signatures, avatars, polls and attachments all available as options to all members. Not having these options available will definitely limit the potential of your community. Then, in a few months once the site has been sufficiently popular that people will consider paying for subscriptions, you can add that option.

Your members won't stay for long if there are similar boards with free feature or they find the features on your site too limiting. This certainly isn't the way to get subscribers. You need to have an established board before you, or rather, your members, will even consider it.

You shouldn't expect to make money in the first few months of any website, particularly a community (even then, you should keep in mind that even communities that cover their expenses are rarely profit centers).
              MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

Hi,

I just want to find the forum website in which I should pay for the post,anybody can give me some way to find it,or site ,I found some body do have,thank you!

Comment

Finding the forum website that I can pay for each post

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                  $15/year for:

email address (via Hivemail)
                  webspace (on request - 10MB)
                  up to 1000 Private Messages
                  an icon below their name
                  access to a private forum

I have about 120 premium members now
                  I have found it for a long time in vain,I cannot get the way ,just want the forum that I can pay for my per post,any body knows?and what about your site?

Comment

Originally posted by suson View Post
                    just want the forum that I can pay for my per post,any body knows?
                    Just join our forum you may pay for your posts.
                    $1.00 / post
                    $0.99 / post over 10
                    $0.98 / post over 100

(Moderators: please note the smiley)

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion,I will take it in consider!have a nice day!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X