Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scorpion!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scorpion!

    I just got stung in the thumb by a damn scorpion! It hurts like hell. The sucker was in the house upstairs near our bedroom. This ever happen to anyone else?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.



  • #2
    ouch.

    is the scorpion now flat?

    Comment


    • #3
      He's still well and alive in a jar.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

      Steve Machol Photography


      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Steve Machol
        He's still well and alive in a jar.
        Shame. I was so looking forward to being able to post:


        'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This scorpion is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-SCORPION!!



        Sig? What sig?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I just got stung in the thumb by a damn scorpion! It hurts like hell. The sucker was in the house upstairs near our bedroom. This ever happen to anyone else?
          This isn't a rare occurance to people who live in California and the general desert US West, apparently, or so I heard on TLC/TDC a few years ago
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

          Comment


          • #6
            Aren't they poisonous?

            Comment


            • #7
              Scopions stings are venomous not poisonous.

              The venom contains a toxin which causes strong allergic reactions.
              In great enough quantities such stings can be fatal.

              The same applied to bee stings.
              One is small and irritating.
              Hundreds...
              Sig? What sig?

              Comment


              • #8
                I just got back from the emergency room. They said there's not much they can do. I just have to ride it out. The pain and tingling has now extended to my elbow and it will continue to get worse over the next hour or so. After that it'll ease up but I'll continue to have problems over the next 48-72 hours. (I got stung by one of the more venemous ones.)

                The funny thing is that I have lived in Arizona and California most of my life and this is the first time I've ever seen a scorpion in the house.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                Steve Machol Photography


                Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  I just got back from the emergency room. They said there's not much they can do. I just have to ride it out. The pain and tingling has now extended to my elbow and it will continue to get worse over the next hour or so. After that it'll ease up but I'll continue to have problems over the next 48-72 hours. (I got stung by one of the more venemous ones.)

                  The funny thing is that I have lived in Arizona and California most of my life and this is the first time I've ever seen a scorpion in the house.
                  That sucks. I live in the Ahwatukee Foothills area and they are a big problem out here. I get 1-4/yr in the house. The weird thing is I have NEVER seen on in the winter before, but just killed one the other day.

                  Yeah, I know a bunch of people who have been stung. Like your doc said, not much you can do but ride it out.
                  Talk about pets and post pictures at Talk Pets!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What are you going to do with the scorpion? Make him pay?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm looking for some amber to encase the sucker in!
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                      Steve Machol Photography


                      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So how did it happen? Were you reaching for it to get rid of it or did it sneak up on you when you had your hand somewhere or...?

                        'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This scorpion is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-SCORPION!!
                        Except that the scorpion wasn't nailed to a perch.
                        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jw791
                          That sucks. I live in the Ahwatukee Foothills area and they are a big problem out here. I get 1-4/yr in the house. The weird thing is I have NEVER seen on in the winter before, but just killed one the other day.
                          You must be close to my brother. He lives near 7th Street almost directly south of the radio towers on South Mountain.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                          Steve Machol Photography


                          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CeleronXT
                            So how did it happen? Were you reaching for it to get rid of it or did it sneak up on you when you had your hand somewhere or...?
                            I saw what looked like a scrap of paper on the carpet upstairs near the master bedroom and picked it up.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                            Steve Machol Photography


                            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              I'm looking for some amber to encase the sucker in!
                              Haha that'd be cool.

                              Take a picture!

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X