Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merk
    replied
    It would be good if the ipod supported WMA codecs And its a shame Napster and iTunes both dont yet work in australia

Leave a comment:

• HexOnxOnx
    replied
    Thanks Wayne. Well Napster may have more songs but Itunes was the only one who had the CD that I was lookin for. Napster also has another CD that I want at $2 less then Itunes. I'll just keep both of them for these reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Check out Napster as well.. More songs than iTunes, same prices and it downloads in WMA format which is playable on more media players and portable devices.

Leave a comment:

• HexOnxOnx
    replied
    LOL I see. Well to me on my computer sound system which happen to Klipsch speakers and subwoofer, I couldn't hear any differance in playing the same song m4p/mp3. It's just for my own use anyways. I just wanted the ability to mix the itunes songs with other songs that I have onto other cd's.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    Converting from one lossy format to another. THen again, if you can't tell a difference, it doesn't really matter.

Leave a comment:

• HexOnxOnx
    replied
    What is transcoding?

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    Transcoding is bad bad bad....

Leave a comment:

• HexOnxOnx
    replied
    Thanks. I just figured out an easy way. I simply burned the album to a cd, loaded the cd in media player and then selected copy from cd. I now have the songs in mp3 format. Seems like the sound quality is still there.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    Winamp can play it with a plugin.

Leave a comment:

• HexOnxOnx
    started a topic Itunes

Itunes

I just purchased and downloaded an album from Itunes. I noticed that they have the extension of .m4p which of course is not playable on anything other than an ipod or the itunes player. Has anyone found out a way to play these with anything other than these ways?

I figured I would try them out and see how things work. Sound quality is great!
    Last edited by HexOnxOnx; Wed 31 Dec '03, 8:28pm.