same design.. vb3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same design.. vb3

I was wondering.. if this was the design that will be for the next upgrade. I know the buttons will change, but the over all design.. will it stay the same?

Yes, other than some minor template changes

Comment

AFAIK, there will be minor template changes to fix bugs and to improve usability of features if something is unclear.

There will be no new buttons in RC1, iirc - it will be final when you see the buttons (or was that the psd of the buttons )

Comment

No new buttons in RC1 (which really is Gamma 2).

Comment

what does RC1 stand for?

Comment

Release Candidate 1
            OPEN TECH SUPPORT
            "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Release Candidate 1

Regards,
              Patrick
              Patrick Paul

"Better to stay quiet and have others think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Comment

and is the next release.. the final release or not?

Comment

no it's not the final release, it's a release that could be the final release.....
                  Problems with vB4? Try This Thread for answers!

Comment

Originally posted by iDavid
                    Your reasoning for it being another Gamma?
                    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Care to point out where it was mentioned that there would be no new buttons in RC1?

Comment

Poolking, since you asked politely, I don't mind at all: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=14.

tgillespie - The reasoning is quite simple -- this is not a candidate for gold release. It doesn't get much more clear-cut than that, at least in my opinion.

Comment

Poolking, since you asked politely, I don't mind at all: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=14.
                          Thank you for pointing that out I had forgotten about that post.

Comment

tgillespie - The reasoning is quite simple -- this is not a candidate for gold release. It doesn't get much more clear-cut than that, at least in my opinion.
                            Generally speaking, the RC1 usually does not make it to Gold status. Its kind of just a myth that RC1 is really release canidate material.
                            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Without speaking to the first point, I'd say that a release candidate really should be a candidate for release - call me old-fashioned, but I still subscribe to the theory that release candidate 1 is the first candidate for release. Call it a myth if you will, but I think that's still the generally accepted definition.

Historical nomenclature shouldn't be disregarded.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X