America's Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Army

Who has played this game? I don't have the system requirements on Windows for it, and I have no space for it on Linux (right now ^_^ 2 Linux partitions but not enough space on either, I'll fix it with a new harddrive in 4 days though ).

Is it a good game? Addictive? Very addictively fun? Will it suck me into its vortex and not let me out for months? My game-deprived self needs something like that.

I tried to install this game when it was first released, but I couldn't get it to work...
    http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

It's an awesome game, although I've only gotten it to install on XP machines. I find the Insurgent Camp map to be quite delightful, although I haven't played the game in a while.

Comment

Its a great game, but nothing like the real thing ;-)
        sigpic

Comment

The game wasn't really my tastes. It was to much like BF1942, but just built for it.
          Shane
          CIO, FrakMedia.net
          Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

Comment

Be sure to get the level crack or else you will spend 1 or 2 hours in training. Trust me, its not needed to play the game.
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Incredible.

Comment

Shouldn't the army be spending that money on winning wars?

It is a good game.
                TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Played the game, completed all training the way it should be (with exception of those stupid written tests, damn explanation took 10min+ way to long for me, I just picked up the answers somwhere )

Currently my honor is only at 11 though, I want it to be at 15 so I can play special forces and have a sound dampener on my gun
                  A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Originally posted by cirisme
                    Shouldn't the army be spending that money on winning wars?

It is a good game.
                    That is one of the cheapest recruiting tools ever created. The Army spent like $1 million on it, compared to the cost of a TV ad it is a good deal.

Now I could have personnally thought of some better uses though :-))
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trackpads
                      That is one of the cheapest recruiting tools ever created. The Army spent like $1 million on it, compared to the cost of a TV ad it is a good deal.

Good point, I hadn't thought of it that way before
                      TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by trackpads

The only problem is that most of the people smart enough to download, install, and navigate the game are probably smart enough not to join the Army.
                        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                          The only problem is that most of the people smart enough to download, install, and navigate the game are probably smart enough not to join the Army.
                          Why does it have to be that way? Are you saying after 14 years I am an idiot for serving my country?

Keep your attitudes to yourself.

-Jason
                          sigpic

Comment

:O i love this game Im not payin lol but i just use my Linux HD to play when im on it
                            http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4535/astgmail.gif

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X