• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason NOT to drink & drive

NOT at Christmas NOT EVER ! ! !

The reasons ........

http://www.onlyinternet.net/bmeyer/drunkdriving.htm

there are pictures in there of a graphic nature so dont look if easily shocked but I do recommend that you do so if you are tempted to drink and drive this could be the consequence
    sigpic
    SocialSpace.co.uk

Very sad. Although it sounds crule, but this would be better used with kids that havn't had the chance to drink and drive yet. Teens say "oh that wouldn't happen to me!"
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

yes and thats so sad.....teens think they know it all
      sigpic
      SocialSpace.co.uk

Comment

Teens are immortal, or so they think. the problem is alcohol. I know people like it but telling a young person to drink responsibly is like telling a crack addict to pace themselves.

-Jason
        sigpic

Comment

Saw that on Oprah o_O it was sad, my mom was cryin v_v
          http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4535/astgmail.gif

Comment

I work for the State Highway Patrol and just today I saw pictures of a 28 year old guy who died in a car accident due to drinking and driving. Guess where he was coming from? His own birthday party! That's really a great present to give back to your family... your date of birth and death on the same day!
            I don't condemn people for drinking, but if you are going to do it, don't drive. I just can't see how it is worth risking your own life, or someone elses, just because YOU think you are OK to drive.
            Last edited by dynamite; Thu 18th Dec '03, 7:28pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy
              yes and thats so sad.....teens think they know it all
              Not all teens are this way. Im not. I agree that some are, but a lot arent. Stereotyping like that doesnt help either.

Teens are immortal, or so they think. the problem is alcohol. I know people like it but telling a young person to drink responsibly is like telling a crack addict to pace themselves.
              It's not just teens who dont drink responsibly. That could have happened to her by a 30 year old person. I see a lot more adults who dont drink responsibly than teens.

This is very sad...I feel sorry for her, and I hope that guy feels horrible. He will have to live knowing what he did, and what happened for the rest of his life.

Comment

That's more graphic than I'd expected...

I was speaking to my friend just today about people who take it upon themselves to make poor decisions on the road, and he said that this person who had violated an elementary rule of driving deserved to wreck. I responded that it's oftentimes not the BAD driver who receives the brunt of it.

Incredibly unfortunate. I think of all I have in my life and how easily it could be taken away. I don't know how I would live as she does.

People should have more respect for their lives than to drink and drive, and if that isn't incentive enough, consider the other thousands of people put at risk by such an abhorrent decision.
                http://www.headforum.com/images/headvbcom.gif

Comment

Yikes...

Though, you can't know for sure that the accident wouldn't have happened if the other driver hadn't been out drinking. But either way, that's some nasty stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon
                    Not all teens are this way. Im not. I agree that some are, but a lot arent. Stereotyping like that doesnt help either.

It's not just teens who dont drink responsibly. That could have happened to her by a 30 year old person. I see a lot more adults who dont drink responsibly than teens.

This is very sad...I feel sorry for her, and I hope that guy feels horrible. He will have to live knowing what he did, and what happened for the rest of his life.
                    I agree, but in most cases it is the young and inexperienced that do things like this. Otherwise insurance rates wouldnt be so high for under 21 year olds. While some do the right things, alot do not. Not sterotyping, just statistics. I applaud you for doing things right.

Eventually I think alcohol will go the way of the cigarette. Once the lawyers win a big lawsuit or two then the feeding frenzy will start.

-Jason
                    sigpic

Comment

My husband's uncle died in March of 2001 - and his death was caused by a drunk 17 year old.

He was coming home from a small family get-together for his birthday (he just turned 40) at my husband's grandma's house (his mother), and he hadn't been drinking. About a mile or two from home, he hit a patch of black ice (he was going the speed limit), ran off the road and hit a culvert (one of those cement "bridges" that go over ditches at intersections. He was ejected from his car (and he was buckled in) and thrown into the road.

People that lived by heard the accident and came out to help out. One of them was directing traffic until the the police and ambulance came to the scene.

Then a car was approaching the intersection, and didn't stop. He ran over my husband's uncle going over 80mph in a 50mph zone.

He was pronounced dead at the hospital. The doctor's said he would've survived the car accident in the 17 year old boy. He was only knocked unconscious and had a couple broken bones - no spinal damage or anything (very lucky at that since he went through the windshield).

The boy was never charged in with anything for it - never had his license revoked - nothing.

How's that for justice?!

Comment

Drinking and driving is being taken out of context. I'm sure every single one of us has gone to a business meeting and had 1-2 martinis, then gone home. It's called casual drinking.

I'm against people that drink 5-6 beers and then drive right afterwards when they are not all there in the head.

Comment

Maybe.... I, personally, have never drank one drink (even a beer) and driven within a couple of hours of that beverage. If I go somewhere and must drive afterwards, then I won't drink anything alcoholic.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

i sadly have to admitt i allways drink and drive i can never just go for 1 or 2 7/8 but im sure that picture has put things into pospective for me and i belive many others i guess i have been lucky so far thinking i was a good driver when even drunk im sorry if this has offended anyone

Comment

You know what's really stupid? Bars that have parking lots...
                              OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                              "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X