LOTR: Return of the King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOTR: Return of the King

Anyone watched this yet? This is like the best movie I've seen in a long time (one of the best I've seen EVER) ... the whole trilogy kicks both the Matrix and Star Wars (prequels) collective asses ... the last installment is entertainment at its best... Just when you think you've seen the most jaw-dropping battle scenes, a bigger and better one takes its place... it's like watching three movies in one!

Can't wait for the Extended DVD edition next year...
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

I got out early from school today to see it.

This is possibly the most amazing movie I have ever seen, and totally owns the first and second in this trilogy.

Comment

I think it was the best of the three but I felt it dragged in a few spots.

Comment

You say the battles are bigger?!?!? Do they last longer than the ones in the second one? I though the battle at Helmsdeep went a little too long, but I am certainly looking forward to seeing Return of the King this weekend!

Comment

Different style of battles, that were much more visually appealing then the battle at Helm's Deep.

Comment

o_O and Helm's Deep rocked... hmm im goin 2 see it Saturday with a mega tub o' popcorn Im VERY excited
            http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4535/astgmail.gif

Comment

I've never been to impressed with LOTR. The only thing that will make watch the third one is their stunning use of technology and scenery. Otherwise the movies suck. To drawn out. Its just not me.
              Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I saw ROTK twice int he same day. Once the 12:15am showing and then I went out with more friends at 8:15pm showing. What a joyfull day.

Oh yeah.. top movie
                Shane
                CIO, FrakMedia.net
                Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shane
                  I saw ROTK twice int he same day. Once the 12:15am showing and then I went out with more friends at 8:15pm showing. What a joyfull day.

Oh yeah.. top movie
                  I saw it early at a Hollywood screening (I work for Time Warner, Inc. as a side job) on the 27th of November -- and it was just a mind-blowing experience. I don't think I've ever seen a movie of that proportion, that effort, that magnamity.

My advice is to see it as many times as you can in the theatres. Once it leaves the box offices, you won't find an experience like that very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie
                    Different style of battles, that were much more visually appealing then the battle at Helm's Deep.
                    Hell yeah ... just when you thought the initial phase of the battle couldn't be beat, the next phase is even more awesome ... and just when you thought that was it, yet another phase comes in that literally makes you gape ... the flying Nazgul in TTT were merely glimpses, but in RotK they were just terrifying... not to mention the battle trolls and the oliphaunts... oh my...

Makes the Clone War in Episode II look like a fistfight...
                    Last edited by Tolitz; Thu 18th Dec '03, 12:07am.
                    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

I am so tired from watching it twice. I did it on the same dat I had a final exam for college, and the day before I have to leave campus because school closing. NOt totally leaving till the 20th cause I have to bring my sister down from another school, but I can tell you I am beat.
                      Shane
                      CIO, FrakMedia.net
                      Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

Comment

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/gollum.php

sigpic
                        SocialSpace.co.uk

Comment

Damn this movie rocked. Unbelievably the best out of all three. Yes, compare to the other disappointments (Star Wars, matrix), this movie had BETTER WIN some oscars this year for PETER JACKSON!!
                          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

i heard they don't give Oscars n stuff for Fantasy Movies o_O
                            http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4535/astgmail.gif

Comment

I was not entirely thirlled with the movie. More info, I feel they could have cut a little time off the movie personally. While I thought it was awesome that Arwin staying, and the sword being reforged, I thought there would be a little more to the sword being refordged.

I do not understand the last part of the movie when that one person had to leave.....but do not want to post anything more that that so it wont be a spoiler.

I also thought the battle scense were drawn out too long, They had more of them so they should have been shorter. I liked the comic relief from Nimbli, prolly a big help.

One of the best parts was when my friend and I made shawdow animals on the screen, and I acted like I was picking Arwins nose during the credits. Sorry. It was just too dang long.

But overall the effects and story was fabulous.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X