I am in desperate need of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in desperate need of help

Hello, this morning the forums i am a part of was hacked. THe site adress is www.starcraft-2.com and the forum adress is http://forums.starcraft-2.com and somebody hacked it. He changed it multiple times, the forums cannont be accessed, and posts have been deleted. Please somebody help me.

How the hell can we help?

Comment

well maybe a staff member from vbullitin can do something.

Comment

No. They can't.

Comment

so vbullitin, the provider of the expensive forums that are being payed for, cant do anything....

Comment

Correct. Are you even the forum owner?

Comment

Our fourm leader hasent been on today... and if this is the service he gets for paying for vb hes getting ripped off

Comment

vb doesnt have good service then, if they cant help you when som1 is hacking the product they provide.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkArchonDan
                  vb doesnt have good service then, if they cant help you when som1 is hacking the product they provide.
                  Your admin had weak passwords or gave the passwords to somebody. It's entirely out of anyones hands other then his.

You can hope he has a backup to restore, but other then that, it's gone.

BTW there are points made many times regarding securing for forums. It apparently wasn't heeded. Preparation means before the fact, not after. You guys can't blame anyone but your admin.
                  Computer Help Forum
                  An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

Dont take Dragoon as what VBULLETIN DOES, but you are posting:

1. In the wrong forum. You need to post in support forum.
                    2. What can the staff at Vbulletin/Jelsoft do? They do not have your access information to your server; they dont know what you have done, they only provide service to help you with problems relating to vbulletin. If your server was hacked, that's not a vbulletin problem, but a problem with the host you are with.
                    Are you on a shared server? If so, the perp/hacker could have gotten into your acct that way. That's your ISP's problem.
                    Did you use the same password for your vbulletin installation as for your website password (ie, your ftp/ssh/telenet etc ), or have used it on other forums you've visited? Is it the smae password you have for an email address?

Again, this is not something to be posted in this forum. You need to post in Support with as much information as possible.

Have you bothered to contact your webhost? They should have logs of access times and by what ip address.

Vbulletin Staff/Jelsoft cannot do this for you.
                    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Have the owner fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin, telnet/ssh and FTP. There may not be much we can do but we can take a look.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        Have the owner fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin, telnet/ssh and FTP. There may not be much we can do but we can take a look.
                        That statement may have converted my whole attitude about the cost of vB.

Now that's service!
                        Computer Help Forum
                        An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

You're hacker could have gotten in from your database on your host...That has nothing to do with vb or their product or support. There are a load of ways to put down a forum..Its happened to me over 9 times in the last year..due a very jealous collegue...I find vb to be one of the most secure software products I've used in that time...And I found out that my hacker, had compromised our host account...as he belonged to the same one..So sometimes we have to be more watchful in all areas...

Comment

Originally posted by noppid
                            That statement may have converted my whole attitude about the cost of vB.

Now that's service!
                            They've always done that..

Scott or Steve (hrmf, I forget which) went into my server once to help me optimize something.
                            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

I have done a Reverse DNS on this users website (starcraft-2.com) and found that the other sites on this server had been hacked by the same h4x0r5 (techteam). This confirms that it is definitely not a vB problem, but that someone hacked your whole server. This is something you need to take up with your web host.

Please be more informed before dumping on the vBulletin software and its staff.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X