Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winamp 5 Gold

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    No, it just shows the classic skin (the skin shows up in the skin chooser, but nothing comes up when i select it)

    I've had winamp 2, 3 and 5 beta on my comp before, but i uninstalled them.

    Comment


    • #17
      Runs much smoother than any Winamp I ever used.
      Shane
      CIO, FrakMedia.net
      Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

      Comment


      • #18
        I am going to try it but I don't see what makes it so great. Can anyone shed some light on why this is better than Windows Media Player 9?

        Edit: I tried it and don't see what makes it better than Windows Media Player 9...
        Last edited by ShiningArcanine; Wed 17th Dec '03, 7:26am.

        Comment


        • #19
          I'm probably the only one, but i still like WinAMP 3 best I liked the mutliple playlist system a lot, and later versions (only internal but they are floating about if you look hard enough ) were very fast. The W5 songticker isn't smooth, it seems to use more of the CPU, and there are flaws here and there when using older non W5 skins. The default W5 skin is like the MMD3 skin, only i don't think it's as good.

          Just my two cents

          Comment


          • #20
            I downloaded the beta version at the weekend. It looks good. Dowloading final version now.

            Craig
            Special Forces - Roll Of Honour - http://www.specialforcesroh.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Ahhh, im an idiot, i installed the light version, just installing the full one now.

              Comment


              • #22
                Porn internet TV?

                Comment


                • #23
                  WA2 is better than WM9

                  ;D

                  wm9 is good for movies and thats where it ends

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Faranth
                    WA2 is better than WM9

                    ;D

                    wm9 is good for movies and thats where it ends
                    winamp has always been better and wmp!
                    Jon Whitcraft
                    Internal Systems Engineer - SugarCRM

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ShiningArcanine
                      I am going to try it but I don't see what makes it so great. Can anyone shed some light on why this is better than Windows Media Player 9?

                      Edit: I tried it and don't see what makes it better than Windows Media Player 9...
                      Winamp is much lighter and cleaner than WMP. It's much lighter on system resources. It's a music player, with the option to play videos/burn music/etc. WMP is a full media player with a bunch of other crap and is way more resource intensive.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I installed Winamp 5 over Winamp 3 - Was that a bad idea?

                        Satan

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Yes.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by hellsatan
                            I installed Winamp 5 over Winamp 3 - Was that a bad idea?

                            Satan
                            You computer will self destruct in 15 seconds. QUICKLY! THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW!

                            http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Be sure to properly shut down Windows first, before you throw it out the window.s
                              :)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by tubedogg
                                Winamp is much lighter and cleaner than WMP. It's much lighter on system resources. It's a music player, with the option to play videos/burn music/etc. WMP is a full media player with a bunch of other crap and is way more resource intensive.
                                I didn't notice any difference in system resources. WM9 uses 0-2% of the processor according to task manager. Pretty light usage compared to all of my other programs.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X