Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Fast Reply in vB 3 Gamma is too complex?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you think Fast Reply in vB 3 Gamma is too complex?

    I have found the Fast Reply is gotten a bit too complex. Do you think that?
    87
    Yes
    33.33%
    29
    No
    66.67%
    58

  • #2
    I don't care for having to click an icon to activate it. Useless function IMO.
    Computer Help Forum
    An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by noppid
      I don't care for having to click an icon to activate it. Useless function IMO.

      Not useless for people that wish to use the threaded modes, if you dont use them you can change that option via the admin cp and you no longer have to click to activate it.

      I find the quick reply easy to use, but ive gotton used to it over the last few months.

      Comment


      • #4
        I did have problems at first with it, but I got use to it. It was easyer in vB2 but things change.

        Comment


        • #5
          i agree, as i find the complete threaded mode as useless and regarding the polls the majority does..

          Originally posted by noppid
          I don't care for having to click an icon to activate it. Useless function IMO.
          Last edited by Xenon; Tue 9th Dec '03, 9:57am.
          The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
          - Thomas Jefferson

          Comment


          • #6
            Its complex if you find opening soda cans complex as well.

            http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

            Comment


            • #7
              I agree. there is too much going on with it and plus its getting way too huge. After I upgrade, I will definately do something about it. I am not trying to be rude or anything but its starting to make the board look a little weird

              Comment


              • #8
                Well, I still get confused by it. THe "quick reply" box at the bottom of the thread is useless. Why is it there? I would think quick reply would mean to add your reply right there...and hit submit.

                No workee on my PC nor my Mac OSX. I then have to click a reply button...and it takes me to another page to reply. Not quick at all. LOL
                Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

                Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

                I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by influence
                  I agree. there is too much going on with it and plus its getting way too huge. After I upgrade, I will definately do something about it. I am not trying to be rude or anything but its starting to make the board look a little weird
                  Resize it in the template to have a width of 85-90%, it looks much better.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Brad.loo
                    Not useless for people that wish to use the threaded modes, if you dont use them you can change that option via the admin cp and you no longer have to click to activate it.

                    I find the quick reply easy to use, but ive gotton used to it over the last few months.
                    should be off by default, the software should just assume you're replying to the last post.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Xenon
                      i agree, as i find the complete threaded mode as useless and regarding the polls the majority does..
                      Took the words right out of my ...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's fine.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by marcgo15
                          I did have problems at first with it, but I got use to it. It was easyer in vB2 but things change.
                          There was no quick reply in vb2 (unhacked)
                          TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ksilebo
                            Its complex if you find opening soda cans complex as well.
                            Agreed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I like it -- you just click on the little icon and you're there. Also, if you tweak your vB for threaded mode you don't even have to click the little icon.
                              Matt
                              Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.
                              Christian Gaming - A forum for Christians who like video games.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X