Vbulletin3 for Pocket PC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KuraFire
    the best way for this would, of course, be to have a non-tablebased design for the templates, and do all the styling via CSS only. You wouldn't have to do any HTML-parsing for the Pocket PC version, that way.

(I'm going to make that style btw. ^_^)
    Tables aren't bad all the time. Using tables for forums is both necessary and appropriate, because much of the time it's displaying tabular data.

However, it would be sweet if it could be done with an alternate style sheet (media="handheld"). <3 alternate stylesheets :-)
    http://www.statgfx.com

Comment

i still plan to do it, what would happen is it would check the brower type and change the style sheet plus templates ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
        Kura we tried a table free version of vBulletin and not even IE6 was able to render it correctly.
        IE6 is the Netscape 4.7 of this generation, of course it won't be able to handle it unless you use really advanced CSS techniques.

Yes, tables are still very much logical and almost, dare I say it, necessary for a few parts of vB: forumhome, forumdisplay, memberlist, search results, calendar.

However, showthread, FAQ, User CP, new reply, those can be made table-less and I shall be doing just that. SEO, CSS-based, Stylesheet-switchable, XHTML-compliant, WAI / Bobby AAA / US Paragraph 508 Compliant, readable in PPC's, PDA's and WAP-phones.
        Sure, it'll take me a while, but it's not like Kier cooked up this style in two weeks now is it? I have to do it all in my spare time, what little I have and what even more little of that I can spend on web-related stuff. But I shall prove that it is very well possible, and very well not MOS-only code (Mozilla, Opera, Safari - the three main browsers that are as close to being fully CSS-compliant as you can currently get, by far).

All I'd have to do for source-code hacking for all of this is to remove the nasty hardcoded <font> tags I've found in beta 7 and am expecting to find again in Gamma.

Originally posted by Faranth
        i still plan to do it, what would happen is it would check the brower type and change the style sheet plus templates ^^
        If you go and do that, I'll make it so that there won't be any browser detection nor alternate templates.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
          Kura we tried a table free version of vBulletin and not even IE6 was able to render it correctly.
          you can say that again.. it's literally infeasible to make a table-less design for a bulletin board.. as much of it is tabular data! hehe...
          http://www.webtrickscentral.com/images/wtcsig.jpg

Comment

I just wish MS would frickin fix IE already, it would solve so many problems.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by KuraFire
              IE6 is the Netscape 4.7 of this generation, of course it won't be able to handle it unless you use really advanced CSS techniques.

Yes, tables are still very much logical and almost, dare I say it, necessary for a few parts of vB: forumhome, forumdisplay, memberlist, search results, calendar.

However, showthread, FAQ, User CP, new reply, those can be made table-less and I shall be doing just that. SEO, CSS-based, Stylesheet-switchable, XHTML-compliant, WAI / Bobby AAA / US Paragraph 508 Compliant, readable in PPC's, PDA's and WAP-phones.
              Sure, it'll take me a while, but it's not like Kier cooked up this style in two weeks now is it? I have to do it all in my spare time, what little I have and what even more little of that I can spend on web-related stuff. But I shall prove that it is very well possible, and very well not MOS-only code (Mozilla, Opera, Safari - the three main browsers that are as close to being fully CSS-compliant as you can currently get, by far).

All I'd have to do for source-code hacking for all of this is to remove the nasty hardcoded <font> tags I've found in beta 7 and am expecting to find again in Gamma.

If you go and do that, I'll make it so that there won't be any browser detection nor alternate templates.
              I think it would be really neat to have a forum design where themes were changed by selecting an alternative stylesheet rather than changing the theme in the control panel. Good luck altering the styles; that's a big undertaking.
              http://www.statgfx.com

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDelight.net
                umm...

still needs a little work.

*edit*

Note to self: Read 1st post before commenting.
                i have no error checking, vbulletin.com has been down a few times for a short period that i noticed, thats why, it couldnt make a connection, so it threw an error.

scott: file_get_contents? i will read up on it.

for now though, i have lots of other work i need to do. wont be able to work on this ppc thing for about another week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by suffeks
                  scott: emulator is from microsoft.com.

faranth: ya, i'm surprised nobody made this yet.
                  Well I tried like more than a year ago but I couldn't make it work properlly.

WAP is very easy but get the proper Gateway, Emulator is difficult.

See Ya
                  | vBulletin Hispano |

Comment

Originally posted by dotcomguy01
                    I think it would be really neat to have a forum design where themes were changed by selecting an alternative stylesheet rather than changing the theme in the control panel. Good luck altering the styles; that's a big undertaking.
                    I'm currently making that happen, or at least, working on it. Not very far yet, of course, cos of vB3 being in development, still, and me not doing any changing of templates until 3.0.0 Gold.

And thanks - it is a big undertaking, HUGE even. Sooooo many templates...

Comment

looking good

Comment

Any chance of an update?

This looks really good.

It would be a shame if it did not get released.
                        Sig? What sig?

Comment

deleted
                          Last edited by AlexanderT; Tue 25th Sep '12, 11:08am.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

what type of pocket pc is this?

I could not see its name

Comment

I don't think its any kind - just something microsoft made up... nothing you can buy...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X