Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did it take you to upgrade your forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chroder
    Uploading and running the upgrade scripts were easy, just I found the default template all screwed up. So after reverting them back, it was still screwed up -- took me a while to realize that i had to go into the CSS and revert each CSS thingie individually.
    Most important CSS to revert is tborder (Table Border) or else you get a weird postbit black background effect.

Any other ones that MUST be reverted?

Comment

I still havent updated. Im thinking i might hold off until the graphics files are released, though it shouldnt be too hard to create similar gradient files so i can at least modify the colours.

Its taken me 3 days of a few hours a day of modifications to get it almost to a stage where i can upgrade. Im just really worried about how my users will take the new postbit.

Comment

I had my board updated and three color schemes added within an hour and a half. I probably could have done it faster.
        HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
        Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
        iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
        VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

not that ive seen >.>

Comment

i jumped the gun and started with the first upgrade fix .zip which didn't work; so I waited for Mike and the crew to fix that, then things went relatively smooth, then i stayed up quite a while fixing and tweaking and setting things appropriately. ~5hrs i'd say. But I upgraded from 2.3.2 also.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by merk
              I still havent updated. Im thinking i might hold off until the graphics files are released, though it shouldnt be too hard to create similar gradient files so i can at least modify the colours.

Its taken me 3 days of a few hours a day of modifications to get it almost to a stage where i can upgrade. Im just really worried about how my users will take the new postbit.
              I upgraded and am using the grey liquid theme and will wait till the new graphics are released to create the old color theme; but I like the grey theme so I may or may not use it after I create the old theme...depends how good I can make it look I guess.

J.

Comment

It took me about 45 minutes. It took 40 mins just to upload the files.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
                  Most important CSS to revert is tborder (Table Border) or else you get a weird postbit black background effect.

Any other ones that MUST be reverted?
                  Yeah, i sat and tried debug it for several hours, to find out later on that it was the CSS that screwed things up.

Comment

after i managed to upload the files it went quickly, but uploading at 400b/s takes some time
                    Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

Only took me about 5 minutes but I only have 14 members and 85 posts on my private forum right now. Still have to import my previous 137 members and send a message saying we are back online.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Upgraded a test board from 2.3.3 to Gamma in about 2-3 hours. Found too many bugs in the style and trashed the whole test install. I'm really not in the mood right now to learn a new product. I'm not really impressed with the learning curve form 2 to 3 either. If we must learn xhtml and css anyway we thought we'd look at IPB and DeluxePortal as well, they're cheaper, feature wise we're still comparing. We'll be on vb2 for some time into the next year in either case anyway.
                        Computer Help Forum
                        An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

Originally posted by merk

You can choose to use the vB2 Postbit.

Comment

Took me a couple of hours to merge my hacked Beta 6 files with the new Gamma ones. Mainly because I made sure I'd properly marked every single little edit in every file to make upgrading easier in the future as well as tidying up alot of the hacks I've done.

Now just my 9 main styles to finish off, which now I've done most of the template editing consists of renaming all the images and fixing some of the CSS.
                            vBulletin.org Moderator
                            The Sisters Three Charmed Discussion Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X