Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did it take you to upgrade your forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take you to upgrade your forum?

This upgrade took me the longest, basically because my vB3 Beta 7 was hacked up and templates were changed extensively.

I started at 3 pm last night, and worked up until 7 am now, with a 4 hour break in the middle to attend an engagement.

Usually, my vB upgrades take 45 minutes despite my extensive hacks, but this time around, the vB developers sneakily moved around some functions, forcing me to require things like functions_misc.php in some extra files... And why do I need functions_newpost.php to have the url parse function working???... Plus they did a sensible thing by splitting MODIFY into smaller templates, but created hell for me to have to sort out. LOL!

Anyway, my private forums are finally upgraded... whew... time to catch a couple of hours sleep before I wake up at 9 am.

How long did it take you to upgrade your forums?

2min to upload the files.
    1 to run the upgrade

Comment

It took me about 15 minutes. I was trying to upgrade with the very first release of Gamma, and got db errors, so was trying to sort that out. After a few minutes I found that a new one had been released, so I used that one and all went smoothly.

Comment

It's funny, First Script, First upgrade lol .

I wonder why I didn't have any db errors with this one ? whatch next release I'll have a million X_X.

Comment

It didn't take long to do the actual database upgrade but I'm still translating styles.

Which I should be doing now but I took an off day today. <_< >_>
          Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Took me a few hours due to trying to figure out how to revert the CSS.

Comment

upgrading just the database on my test forum, took almost two hours

Comment

About 3 hours because I had problems during the upgrade.

Comment

Looking good Erwin!

Comment

It took about 10 minutes total.
                    | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                    |
                    Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

48 hours and counting

Satan

Comment

Uploading and running the upgrade scripts were easy, just I found the default template all screwed up. So after reverting them back, it was still screwed up -- took me a while to realize that i had to go into the CSS and revert each CSS thingie individually.

Comment

took me a while to get it up and going, and but thats hackless

Comment

Normally it takes me about 30min to backup old, upload new, upgrade database, modify templates.

But this time it took almost 4-6hours to get everything right, and most time took the templates.

Comment

We were closed for about a hour and a half
                              so we could get everything back up and running properly.

After that~ no problems

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X