Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are they saying about vb3 (Gamma+) in other communities besides vb.com/vb.org

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tolitz
    Well, Matt is the creator of IPB... it's only obvious he's gonna be biased towards his own product and make sure he pipes all its merits to attempt to downplay the competition ... nothing weird or extraordinary about that

One can also assume that IPB Alpha is waiting around for the final release of vB3 so that they can make modifications to their own product to attempt to "surpass" vB3 and claim that it's a better product from the start (and once again claim that vB3 is working around IPB's own release schedule instead of the other way around) ... but it's all part of competition, so no worries...

Matt can claim that they came out of nowhere as competition for vB, but the fact is he had majority of iKonboard users swept into his new forum project, so it already had a built-in audience from the get-go - something vBulletin didn't have when it was competing against UBB... that is, until the next time he encounters another internal problem within his company and creates another forum script that will allegedly "come out of nowhere," but that's all a matter of assumption. But it's fun, aint' it? Well, at least, fun for those who weren't left behind in the iKonboard project. Although I'm fairly confident that IPB won't suffer the same fate

It again all boils down to a matter of preference ... IPB still doesn't possess the amount of customizability in vBulletin, and that's my opinion having used both. Any opinions expressed in the IPB forums will naturally be biased against vBulletin, the same way it is here against IPB. It's the nature of competition, and the only merit that can be gleaned out of that is you use what you think is good. They think IPB is the best thing since sliced bread. We think the same for vBulletin. It's a big fun party
    Hm, how about you post all that there? (I could use some backup ) http://forums.invisionpower.com/inde...40#entry754508
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

I'll post it for ya.

Comment

Nah, I'm not keen on going into hostile territory Debates against IPB are useless there, so it's just a waste of keystrokes... Besides, what makes you think they themselves are not reading this thread?
        OPEN TECH SUPPORT
        "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

The Fact of reading the thread

Comment

I suggest somebody here look up the legal definiton of "libel". It might do you some good in deciding what's allowable. I'm not speaking to this thread in particular, but comparing some things said here even to Matt's most "liberal" (shall we say?) comments leaves no room for doubt. He said nothing libelous in the linked post, which is more than can be said for some here.

And Freddie -- altering your business based on another product isn't something to be ashamed of; it's good business practice (at least for companies that want to remain in business).

Comment

As I said, it's a big fun party ... much ado about nothing
              OPEN TECH SUPPORT
              "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X