X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubedogg
    replied
    Originally posted by webspinner
    I am seriously considering buying Hivemail, in theory at least it does exactly what I want. As MarkB mentioned I would make it available to premium users as a bonus feature. It sounds like a lot of people have tried this product, anyone who has run it for a largish number of people care to comment on it? Performance, reliability etc...

Cheers

Webspinner
    You might find more answers to this question at the site for HiveMail. www.hivemail.com

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rapid Gaming
    Although I'd love HiveMail, I simply don't have the money, so what free or less expensive alternatives have you seen around?

Thanks
    BTW, this hasn't been made clear yet...do you need vB integration with the webmail script?

As it's been said in the thread, that would mean there are two very different scripts: ones designed to standalone and access individual POP3 accounts, and others that access a master catchall account to create "virtual" e-mail addresses for users (HiveMail and vBMS do this).

Leave a comment:

• webspinner
    replied
    Hivemail experiences?

I am seriously considering buying Hivemail, in theory at least it does exactly what I want. As MarkB mentioned I would make it available to premium users as a bonus feature. It sounds like a lot of people have tried this product, anyone who has run it for a largish number of people care to comment on it? Performance, reliability etc...

Cheers

Webspinner

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by Nam
    How? I go to the www.mydomain.com/webmail and it become port 2095, then I see horde, squirrel, neo mail, but no where in the options I could find something like "changing the password".

Thanks for the tips, but could you elaborate more?

Edit: nevermind, I see it, there's an option if you use sub-account, I used main account so I didn't see it.
    When you go to that alias, you're really logging into CPanel. You access CPanel by going to port 2095.

Leave a comment:

• Nam
    replied
    Originally posted by HostOrbit
    Nam,

If you set up an email account for someone using cPanel, you can tell them to login at www.Yourdomain.com/webmail and then they can change their pass themselves.
    I used Hivemail for a few days, i had problems with it sending mail to the wrong accounts so i quickly removed it.
    How? I go to the www.mydomain.com/webmail and it become port 2095, then I see horde, squirrel, neo mail, but no where in the options I could find something like "changing the password".

Thanks for the tips, but could you elaborate more?

Edit: nevermind, I see it, there's an option if you use sub-account, I used main account so I didn't see it.
    Last edited by Nam; Tue 2 Dec '03, 11:34am.

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    b1gMail 5.00 Multilingual >> b1gmail-5.0.0.zip

Leave a comment:

• Kings
    replied
    Originally posted by colicab-d
    dont suppose you wana share that link?
    It's probably http://freshmeat.net/projects/b1gmail/. (did a quick Google search)

Leave a comment:

• colicab-d
    replied
    dont suppose you wana share that link?

Leave a comment:

• Rapid Gaming
    replied
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I have heard of a script named "b1gmail". It is, however, written in German with an not so perfect English language pack. I might edit it a little more and that'd be perfect.

Leave a comment:

• sabret00the
    replied
    http://www.webdesignforums.net/vbms/

theirs one to check out

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    That'll be of interest dependent on price.

Been using Hivemail for a while now, and my premium users love it. It *was* a resource hog until I realised I shouldn't really have the php cron set to run every 60 seconds It still hangs sometimes, but nothing a killall php won't fix.

Definitely worth it, in my eyes. I made back the initial investment from people becoming premium members just to use the webmail.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Nope, it's a plugin because it's really quite separate. It's written in C or C++ (can't remember which off the top of my head) and runs in the shell on top of an existing mail server. It's actually a whole POP3 server, not just a PHP script designed to act like one.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Originally posted by tubedogg
    Actually...

Where is the line between saying things and advertising? :P

We have a plugin ready to go that will be released with HM1.3, that will let you check your HiveMail email from any POP3 client or POP3 service (i.e. inside Yahoo! Mail you can set it to check external POP3 accounts, etc.).
    Plugin? That won't be a standard feature?

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Originally posted by Nam
    plus you can't check Hivemail account in Outlook and alike.
    Actually...

Where is the line between saying things and advertising? :P

We have a plugin ready to go that will be released with HM1.3, that will let you check your HiveMail email from any POP3 client or POP3 service (i.e. inside Yahoo! Mail you can set it to check external POP3 accounts, etc.).

Leave a comment:

• RichM
    replied
    Nam,

If you set up an email account for someone using cPanel, you can tell them to login at www.Yourdomain.com/webmail and then they can change their pass themselves.
    I used Hivemail for a few days, i had problems with it sending mail to the wrong accounts so i quickly removed it.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X